Thursday, June 23, 2011

Take Time To Breathe

This has been a busy week of day to day stuff.  Staying ahead of the game is a challenge.  Here's the update:
  • Monday I worked an extra day then got home, picked up the reprinted team shirts, changed clothes and was off to the Church Softball game.   We had a good turn out and a well-played game including two in-the-park home runs! Final score was 11-8 with St Charles Catholic as the winners. I am a little concerned about next week's game, as I have six players unable to attend, with 3 more in question.  Will we have to forfeit??  We need nine players.
  • Tuesday started out early.  Took Sammy to the groomer/vet.  He looks great and had a great check up.  Sarah had a required doctor's appointment to get a referral to her rheumatologist. Hope to come up with a way to manage her sore joints. We both are frustrated with the system of jumping through hoops just to get the care we need.  Oh well.  Had two meetings Tuesday evening.  First one for the Michigan Senior Youth Gathering at Mackinac and then I headed to GHS for the Senior Mystery Trip 2012 meeting.  Ended up volunteering to make postcard invitations for the next meeting. It won't be too hard since I can have Mary help me.
  • Wednesday was another work day for me and then we went to dinner and I was too exhausted to do anything but watch TV.  There is always hope for getting things done tomorrow!
  • Today fought with the doctors and the computer.  First, the doctor referred us to a new rheumatologist, instead of our established one.  After several phone calls and waiting  a few more hours she has an appointment in August.  More waiting.  Finally got airplane reservations for Mom to see us in August for Danish Festival.  It will be her first time! Should be lots of fun. Can't wish the summer away though, so I will be happily patient! Choir rehearsal and now.....
 I take time to breathe and blog, something I like to do!  It is nice to sit with Jeff on the couch and just watch TV together. 

What's ahead:

  • Want to move some furniture around upstairs, making it easier to reinstall our window A/C unit.  
  • Full day of work tomorrow.
  • Practice the piano for church on Sunday.
  • Clean up the house and get ready for Grandma and Grandpa's arrival!  
  • Still need to work on Quicken...when will I get it done??? 
  • Sending my guys off to the Gathering in the U.P. after church on Sunday.
Wish me luck!

Gracie

Happy Birthday to Tom! Hope your day was great!

No comments: