Sunday, October 16, 2011

Good Times...Season's Over..

It's been quite a week.  Lots of activity, work and sports!  Today the Sooners were the only one of my teams to win.  Boomer Sooner!  It was a fun day anyway.

But let's start back a week ago:


Bill and Bobbie's Wedding Anniversary
Matthew, Jeff and I had a little weekend getaway.  Friday we headed to Wisconsin with a few fun stops.  First we stopped in Holland to have dinner with Sarah and her friend.  We had a fun time and ate delicious food at a place called Goog's.  Driving through Chicago at night is always a treat with the city lights shining. We stopped for ice cream at an oasis in Wisconsin and arrived late to our hotel west of Milwaukee.

It was so nice to see Jeff's parents, brother Andy, Uncle Bill and Aunt Bobbie and many of his cousins and their families. The service was very nice and then the reception had great food and fellowship.  They also had some awesome videos with well wishes from the present and then movies of their wedding 50 years ago!  It brought tears to my eyes.  Afterward we all headed their home and some people played football while others did some hiking.  I went hiking and made it to the top of a hill with a great view and boy was the weather beautiful. Somewhere along the way my R knee started clicking, popping and catching itself on a frequent basis.  No swelling or bruising, just hurting.


Sunday we attended church with Jeff's cousin then spent some more time with Bobbie and Bill, Mom and Dad, Andy and cousins.  Seems time really flies and we were headed back to Michigan. Chicago pizza sounded pretty good for dinner so we stopped in downtown Chicago and had a great meal. We got home late, but had enough energy to check mail, do homework and give Sammy some attention.


Busy Week
I worked an extra day as a nurse and watched my little buddy and his sister this week. It is always a fun time, especially playing the leaves with them.   Two music rehearsals, Sunday School preparation, a doctor's appointment, overdo laundry and of course Tiger's baseball kept me very busy.  My knee continues to bother me, but at least it isn't constant pain and I can go about my business.  Best of all, Mary came home for her fall break.   It is so nice to have her home!

Happy Times with Disappointments
Today was quite a Saturday:
  • Matthew had rehearsal at the high school for "Grease" this morning.  
  • All of us headed to Newaygo to have lunch with the Cory's and watch Michigan Football. It was the  Michigan/Michigan State game.  Our hopes of winning were crushed with a loss. Not a good day for the Wolverines.  Michigan State, I thought, were mean players and very unsportsmanlike.  But they did play better football.  In spite of it all, we had fun with the Cory's and enjoyed a yummy lunch at Brandon's dad's restaurant, Jimmy's.  
  • Matthew, Jeff and I returned to Greenville for Matt's buddy, Mitch's welcome home party after a very successful boot camp.  He has already been promoted!  Had fun visiting with friends and having more delicious food.  We watched a lot of sports.  It is always more fun to watch sporting events with friends and family. Matthew was so happy to spend time with his best friend. Mary spent day with Brandon.
  • Florida Gators lost, but not as bad as I would have guessed.  Tigers, played  a must win game six.  It started out with some Tiger Home Runs, but quickly turned sour in the 3rd inning where they went through four pitchers and allowed nine runs!  We continued to watch with our friends at the party, but knew there was no hope when it was 12-4.  Tigers are done for the season, but they are still my team!  What changes will be made to the team before next April??  Three losses..one game left. Oklahoma came through and won their game 47-17.  Boomer Sooner! It is good to have one win.
  • Sarah stays busy in Holland at Hope College. It was Homecoming Weekend and she also worked a Soccer game. Wish I could have reported a win there, but they lost 1-0.  Jeff is planning in seeing her on Tuesday when he is at Hope for a conference.
Well, it is Sunday morning and I have six hours before I get up for church.  Better get some sleep! Tomorrow is another fun day with my family and then I will see if my knee will let me bowl. Our team is in first place for now.   I am a little concerned.

Gracie

Check out the family album for some great pictures!

No comments: