Tuesday, October 4, 2011

I Just Want to Take a Shower!

It's been a week since I have had a full fledged shower. The bathroom floor has been torn up, new pipes put in, sub-floor back on, the cement boards down, heating element down and today our new bathroom tile is going down. I took a peek and it should look nice.  We almost picked a light brown tile, something a little different and give our bathroom a totally new look.  But our common sense took over.  It was a little risky, what if we didn't like it?  Can't change the tile on the floor, plus it might make the old yellow tile on the wall pop more!  In the end we got the white floor to tone down the yellow and to contrast with our brown vanilty.  A new vanity was way too much money~$300 is a lot for a vanity.  The one we have is old, but functional. We are getting a new toilet and sink top, so there will be some changes! Still not sure when it will all be done, and then how long it will have to "dry" before we can use it!

Sunday was a very nice day. Good service and Sunday School continues to hum along.  Jeff and I did service at the local long term care facilities. Sunday bowling was a huge success!  We took all four points and Jeff had a 603 series with a high game of 244.  I was getting pretty excited after he bowled 6 straight strikes. But it ended in the 7th with a spare.   Still the best game for Jeff ever! My bowling got better as the night went on, with a high game of 134, and my average remains 124.   That is pretty high for me these days.  Boy when I was on a league in Japan, I would bowl 140's!  I still have lots of fun!

Now for the Tigers. Saturday's game was nauseating..we didn't look good and the Yankees creamed us. It didn't help that it was a continuation of Friday night's game. Glad it is over and that we won the next two games.  Verlander was a beast last night.  I love to watch him pitch. Had some good hitting too. If we win tonight, we move on to the Amercian League playoffs and send the Yankees home.  It has been such a great year.  I hope that the Tigers can go all the way and win the World Series!  Sarah, Matthew and I would be so happy! Plus it would be a great event to remember during Matt and Sarah's senior year.

Guess I had better get working on some other things.  Sammy's dog food is making him a little sick.  Tried mixing it with other dog food, but it just doesn't agree with him. Need to get rid of it and  give him some of his favorite, Beneful!  Have two more loads of laundry and then quicken...I am in the mood, just need to move out to the other computer. Lunch first.   Need to make sure things are ready for  Sunday too since we will be out of town.  Heading to Wisconsin to celebrate Uncle  Bill and Bobbie's 50th wedding anniversary.  Should be lots of fun to see everyone again!

Have a nice day!

Gracie

PS: It is the anniversary of Jeff  and my engagement..It was a wonderful night!

No comments: