Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Plans Keep Changing

Today Jeff and I were supposed to attend Sarah's Senior Case Study Presentation. Instead, I will use this day to do laundry, church work and go to the dentist. Tragically, a Hope student was hit and killed by a train going though the campus last night.  I have crossed that track many times over the past four years. So today the campus will come together at the chapel at 1100 for a service of prayer and reflection. Sarah's presentation will be next week at 1100 and we will be there!  So glad it is on a Tuesday.  I feel bad for my Sarah since she was all set and ready to go!  Waiting another week would cause some stress for me, that is for sure!  I know Sarah will do fine, she has done such a great job all four years at Hope! We are so proud of her!

Went to the doctor for my knee. It is still bothering me after two weeks. Clicking, popping, twisting and that horrible feeling of getting stuck. Having pain at night too.  Anyway, the xrays I had show only a little arthritis, so I will be getting an MRI sometime in the near future to see if there is damage to the meniscus.  If there is, I will go back to Orthopedic Associates of Michigan. If not, then some physical therapy.  Today I am going to the dentist and will get a cleaning and have them check my baby tooth that is chipped. I am freaking out about that! I don't like going to the dentist.

We did NOT see the Northern Lights last night. Jeff drove us out of town to a dark field north of town and we saw only twinkling stars, which were pretty too, but no aurora borealis. When I moved to FL many years ago, I missed the snow so much, that I asked God to let it snow in FL and when he did, I missed it. I was inside church acolyeting. Well, taking the robe off and putting stuff away. Now, I'd love to see the northern lights and God made them visible in W Michigan, even Grand Rapids, and I missed them.  I certainly hope to see them one day, somewhere! The local TV station posted some pictures sent in by their viewers. Click here to take a look!

Last Sunday was position night at bowling.  We won one game, losing three.  I had one good game and my teammates had good games.  The other team was just bowling over average each game.  So I think we are in second place and lucky for us, we play the same first place team next week! I hope I do a little better.

Jeff was sad to watch the Sooners lose to Texas Tech last weekend.   Seems our teams are having some tough luck lately.  Michigan and Florida had a bye week, so hopefully we can pull off some wins this week!  I really thought I was going to root for the Cardinals for this World Series, but I am finding myself rooting for Texas now.  Hmmm.  I still like my "old" cardinals, their uniforms and Ozzie Smith, but for some reason, hoping for a Texas win.  

I have gotten through a lot of quicken which I had put off for months. Whew! Still have some work, but it is less daunting.  What else is on my long list of things to do?
  1. Pick a Christmas Program for Sunday School.
  2. Heading to Ann Arbor on Thursday for a Parenting Seminar at Concordia University. Wonder if we will get to see Mary, even if it is just for a hug!
  3. Finalize music for this Sunday (Chimes and Orchestra)  Plus I need to call a publisher, since two of our orchestra books are missing multiple measures in our planned Christmas song. That was crazy.
  4. Our church is having Trunk or Treat on Halloween.  It is always a fun time. 
  5. Looking forward to getting Matt's proof book of all his senior pictures.
Better get rolling....I need to be brave and head to the dentist.

Grace

No comments: