Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another Few Days Gone By...

Good Morning!


I am off to work in a few minutes, but thought I'd write a few lines. I really think that burnout at my present job is approaching. Still, I can't really find too much out there in my nursing specialty areas. I'll keep looking and praying about it.


Mary and I have had some fun times. Monday we primed the den for new paint. We had a nice meal at Cory's. Mary had a burger and I had lasagna. Mary's friend was working that night so he took his break and joined us for dinner. We had lots of laughs and good food. After dinner we went to the Michigan Whitecaps game. It was British Humor Night. Mary likes the humor and I like baseball. When we arrived, we got tickets in our favorite seciton, 217, front row. We were so happy. There were two older ladies sitting next to us with blanket, feet propped up and backpacks. Real baseball fans. Well, when the wind blew the best description I have is "nursing home smell". We just couldn't stand it. Then the one lady put her feet up and started cleaning her toenails. After a few innings, we "went for a hot dog" and found another seat. The humor was fair, mostly Monty Python and the game was fun with some exciting plays. The pitcher caught a ball driven right at him and the ground rule double play was exciting too. We left in the 8th inning, Caps winning 2-0. Then on the news, we heard they lost 5-3 in the 11th inning. I am glad we left when we did.

Mary and I painted our den yesterday. It looks fantastic. I would never have thought to pick the color we did, but the paint store man recommended it, and it looks sharp. I'm living in the Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. It is a darker green. We are going to put up some Asian wallpaper border that matches perfect. Just wait till you see it! We want it done before the mission trip members get back.

Tonight I worked at the uniform distribution at the High School. I tried to pick stuff out for Matthew, but I think it will all need to be altered. He marches in two weeks! I got talked into really large clothes I think.

It has been pretty hot lately, we were supposed to get rain, but didn't. I will be watering the grass tomorrow.

Better Get Going,

Grace