Thursday, July 24, 2008

What a Story

The other day at work I watched the movie, "The Notebook". I heard it was a good movie and some thought Mary looked a lot like an actress in it. Well, I loved the movie so I went to Wal-Mart the next day and purchased it. Unfotunately, the movie skipped stalled and sometimes just wouldn't play. I got through it and hoped it was the player or a smudge. So last night I wanted Jeff to watch it with me and it wouldn't play at all...the screen just said "bad disc". Hoping to replace it, I went back to WM and looked for one to exchange. There weren't anymore. The customer service person said he couldn't refund money because of copyright laws. So what now?? Then the news came that they were only going to sell it online..I went back to DVD dept and they were going to order it for me and call me when it arrived.. Went to the computer and it said "out of stock". I said all I wanted was to watch my movie and now I have no movie and I don't have my money. Who knows when it will be available? The asst Manager told the store to give me store credit and I went home. It was a good thing Sarah was with me she helped me keep my cool.

On a sad note. I got a call from camp yesterday evening. Matthew was buring up, chills and had a sore throat. Jeff picked him up and brought him home. Temp was 101.9. Jeff talked to a PA and they called in penicillin for him. This morning his temp is 1oo.5. He felt a little better after ibuprofen and wanted to go back to camp to star gaze with the group. He was sad. He needs to get better though, because he is going on his mission trip Sunday morning to WV to fix up homes in the appalachian mountains. Jeff and Sarah will be going as well. Mary and I are staying home. I hope paint the den. I will be singing a duet and doing the children's message on Sunday.

Mary spent the day with her friends. She had a nice time. Then went to the Ionia Free Fair, that is not free to get in however. Ionia is a small town between Greenville and Lansing. She rode lots of rides. Sarah and I shopped and found some more things for her dorm room. She is getting really excited about college. I think she and her roommate will get along well. Sarah and I also made yummy yakimondue and pork for dinner. It was a busy day.

All of us still want to see "Batman" and a few of us would like to see a local play called "Assassins". Mary's friend is in it and she has already been and said it was great. I will work around 30 hours this coming week, but they are in 8 hour increments which is great. I am still actively looking for a new position in a hospital.

That is all for now..Have a great day!

Gracie