Friday, July 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!

Happy Fourth of July! Today is a beautiful sumer day with temps up to 80 with blue sunny skies. Our neighbors are coming over later for a cookout. I am going grill burgers and dogs, have corn on the cob and cheesecake...maybe cookies too.

Just a few days ago, we had some severe weather move through. A tree fell across our side street from ouR neighbors in the yellow house. Jeff got home a few minutes before the tree fell, called the authorities and took pictures. It is a good thing he didn't get home two minutes later, or he and our car would have been a great danger. All kinds of lines were hanging low to the ground. I guess it was cable for TV. We were without power for a few hours. Couldn't cook so we went to Cory's for dinner and had a nice time. Mary's friends was working that night and chatted with us when he could. I worked that day and helped them move into "grandma's" house just in time. I will work again tomorrow from 2-8pm.


Yesterday was shopping day! Sarah bought a book, shorts and a swimsuit. Mary got a DVD of Guys and Dolls and even I got some new clothes with my birthday money. Thanks everyone! I think we have everything we need for our trip next week. Now I need to wash clothes one more time and pack up. I have already made a pack list! I love lists!

Tomorrow after church we are going to the circuit pastor's summer get together. I need to make a dish to share. Time will fly by and we will be on the road. One more softball game for us on Monday night. Then I will pass the roster to my fellow teammate to run the last game while we are gone.

Sarah has her room assignment, and orientation schedule. There is lots for families to do too! She will be in the air conditioned dorm, since her roommate had a doctor's note that she needed it. We got a small fridge for her, and now she is looking into sheets for her dorm bed.

Mary received her International Thespian Society membership card and is working on songs from Guys and Dolls so she will be prepared for tryout this fall. Less than
10 weeks away. Matthew is keeping our grass cut and helping around the house now that ball season is over. He looks forward to being a Junior Counselor again at Camp Concordia the week after we return from vacation. Then he, Jeff and Sarah are going on the mission trip, then the Danish Festival and move Sarah to Hope College on August 22. I hope to paint at least one room this summer.

That is all. I will keep you posted as we travel.

God Bless America and You!


GRACE