Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ending the Summer with Fun

Thursday night was our first High School football game. Greenville won 21-16. Jeff sold 50/50 tickets for the athletic boosters and joined me during the second quarter. It was good game and the band was pretty good too. Matthew didn't march because freshmen don't march. There was a nice presentation of an American Flag to our school for use at the stadium. It was given to us from a Navy family after an alumni passed away. I wasn't able to sing the National Anthem this week. I was offended by the fans next to us, as they decided to pop open their coke during the song. "Excuse me, you need to show some respect folks!". That's what I wanted to say.

Friday I worked and had a nice day with Hailey. We are working on voice training with a trach by using a one way valve. So when she breathes out, you can hear her voice. She started laughing out loud. Oh it was so cute!


After work we left for Benton Harbor, MI. It is on the way to our destination of Chicago! We took Mary's friend, Greg with us too. His girlfriend lives there and was meeting us at the museum. Anyway it was a nice hotel with good swimming. This morning we left for Chicago and spent the day at the Museum of Science and Industry. We had a nice time. I always love watching the chicks hatch, the U505 Sub and we also received a little presentation of the dissection of a cow's eye. Check our family photo album for the latest pictures.


On our way home, we were able to stop and see Sarah for a few minutes. I dropped off some new clothes she needed for athletic training and we bought her a skeleton poster at the museum for her room. She is taking anatomy this semester. It was nice to see her and hug her again. She is doing fine. Worked at a cross country meeting this morning, riding in a golf cart behind the last runner. I guess she and several other AT students had a coloring party this afternoon. This is homework. I colored for anatomy class in the same titled book while in nursing school more than 25 years ago. Her book is updated of course. In her spare time she uploaded the video of Matt at the bowling alley. Check it out..

Now we are home, and I really should have gone to bed for church tomorrow, but I wanted to update everything tonight while it was fresh in my mind. I am doing kid's church during the sermon. Last one of the summer. Next week is Rally Day. Matthew marches in a parade on Monday morning in a nearby town for their Labor Day festival. The only other news would be VP picks and Weather. I won't talk politics on this site. If you'd like to talk to me...you have my number. As for the hurricanes, well Jeff predicted that this would be a busy season. What a weatherman! To all of our family and friends in FL and gulf coast, be safe. If you need to get away, come see us in Greenville!

Oyasuminasai! (Goodnight)

Grace