Monday, October 20, 2008

A Long Weekend

So sorry that it has been a while since my last post. Time really flies by and I don't get to everything I want to do. I know I am not the only one with this problem. Anyway, I hope that I can accurately update you on the past four days.

Thursday I finished my quilted runner for the clavinova. Now I am starting a baby quilt. I like making them, because they are smaller and I can use really cute flannel material. I will have to take a picture of my latest piece now in use.

Later that evening, Matthew got the chills and had a sore throat. He had a fever over 100 and red throat with white spots. By Friday morning it was over 101 and he was miserable. He did attend school for 1.5 hours until he went to the doctor. The doctor's appointment wasn't good. They almost didn't let them get seen, since they were 10 minutes "late", eventhough the place was crowded with people. Jeff informed them that he tried calling the office from 0800 - 0820 with the same recording, sorry the office is closed. We had to have the after hours people connect us with the office that opens at 0800. Anyway, the "nurse" came to swab Matt's throat and decided she need to swab it twice to make sure she got "enough". The test was negatice for strep, but because it had it's characteristics, he was put on Amoxicillin twice a day. Well, it hasn't done a thing for him. His temp this morning was 103.4! His throat is worse than Friday. Jeff has been a real godsend. He has been taking care of Matt since I worked both Friday and Monday. Today Matt went to the hospital lab for bloodwork. We will know the results tomorrow. Last check was 99.8 with the chills setting in. He took penicillin and advil and fell asleep. Doesn't look like he will go to school tomorrow either. Mary brought home his home work and he got the majority of it done. Way to go Matt! It is hard to miss two days of high school.

Back to the weekend, we had small group at our house on Saturday. We got the house cleaned up just in time before the two couple arrived for study. We had a nice discussion and study on our discipline. Our book is called, Who You Are When No One is Looking" by Bill Hybels. Mary had play practice in the morning and had her friend over afterward. They spent time singing songs most of the afternoon. Mary really loves theater and music. It really defines her passion. She will be singing a solo on Thursday night at the fall Choir concert. It will also be her debut as part of the prestigious Village Green, the school's show choir. Hopefully Matthew will be well enough to sing with the concert as well. Not many freshman are approved to sing with the concert choir. Mary also had a gig this weekend. She played her cello with her quartet at the community center where "Thomas Jefferson" attended and spoke about his life. The quartet was there to play during the refreshment period. Tomorrow Mary and many from the drama club will be going to Grand Rapids to see "Sweeny Todd" on stage. She love to go on these trips and experience life on stage. Guys and Dolls opens at our high school in just about 3 weeks. I can't wait to see it!

All of us went to see "Fireproof" the movie yseterday afternoon, while Matt's advil was working, and I enjoyed it very much. There were a few issues that I have with the movie that I won't go into here, since some of you may not have seen it. Anyway on a whole it is a movie with a good message and really helps put things into perspective. Jeff and I are reading through a 40 day book that goes along with the movie called the "Love Dare". I like it. It is a book intended to help you love your spouse more. We went straight to our bowling league and split the point 2-2. We are still in first place. I had a great game with a score of 154! I hope I can do that again.

Tomorrow promises to be busy as well. I am way behind on laundry. The cable man comes at 3pm to see why our picture has turned fuzzy/snowy. I am supposed to golf in the morning, but the weather is supposed to be cold and I am not sure if Matt we will be well yet. It is my "turn" to be at home with him. I also have a Stampin Up party tomorrow night at 6:30pm. I need to have some type of snacks. We are going to have a Christmas theme stamping party, so I might make Christmas treats! Great idea, right?

I had to reschedule chime team from tonight to Saturday. With Matt sick, I would be down to 4 ringers. We are supposed to play on Sunday, so we need to all be together. Saturday will make it fresh in our minds about our music especially those who are new this year to the team. I told Jeff not to include it in the bulletin, just in case we aren't ready for Sunday. It is reformation sunday, so I'd really like to be able to pull it off for the special service at 4pm.

Jeff has his meeting with the neurologist tomorrow. He has been feeling better lately but we figure he might as well get established there so that when he has another flareup, he can make an appt there instead of jumping through the many hoops all over again. My appt is Thursday. I will have to make medical updates at they become available.

Well, that does it...Have a Great Day!

Grace

PS - Have a look the family blogs with links in the left column. There is some interesting stuff to read and listen too!