Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Wednesday is Here..Two days until Sarah Comes Home

We have had a pretty good week so far. I had a good day at work on Monday and work again on Friday. My haircut yesterday turned out really nice and a played a good round of golf. My score doesn't really reflect that, but I had a couple of great holes. Matt played soccer yesterday and did well. Still the team lost only 2-0. Mary had another musical gig with her string quartet. I guess it was fun and they got free food. She is trying to figure out what to do for homecoming. Her date had to bow out due to a tennis tournament on the same day. I am sure that she will go, look like a $100 (or more) and have fun. Matthew is going to the dance too. He is meeting a girl there, since her parents won't allow her to go with a boy to the dance. Sarah's cold is getting better and her friends dad is showing improvement. Praise the Lord! She has fall break this weekend. She looks forward to hanging out with Mr Day at the football game and visiting some teachers at school while she is home. When she returns to Hope on Tuesday, her softball class will be over and she will have a religion class instead. Sarah would rather play ball. :) She been working at soccer games as a AT student and that will change too. She is going to start working at volleyball games. That will be fun.

There is lots going on the rest of this week. I have music committee meeting at 1100, and then choir from 1830-probably 2130 tonight. Praise team sings on Sunday, so we need to be ready. I have chosen a SS Christmas program and am looking for a new SS teacher too. I am optimistic. Tomorrow is quilting, and I hope to complete the little quilt for the keyboard of the clavinova. It gets dusty and the vinyl one is ugly, bulky and hard to deal with. Matthew's last soccer game is tomorow afternoon. We hope to encourage Matthew enough to at least try out for basketball and also to embrace his awesome musical talents at school in choir and band. Church Orchestra is Thursday evening, and we play As the Deer on Sunday.

Friday is a BIG day here. After work I need to get Matthew to the school for the homecoming parade and be ready to take pictures. Jeff is going to pick up Sarah at Hope @ 1600 in hopes that they will be home in plenty of time for the game and who knows maybe the parade too. We should have nice weather and a good game of football. Jeff is speaking at an LWML rally held at our church Sat morning and the dance is Saturday evening. I am sure I will blog around that time, so I will stop here and post more events later.

Need to get ready for the meeting..

Grace