Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Game to Forget

We lost our softball game. It was a very frustrating and disappointing game. Our opponents' sportmanship was less than acceptable and they nit picked every possible rule they could, even with a score of 11-0. The last two innings we pulled together and scored 6 runs and avoided a shut out, which made me very happy. I told the team that I was happy with their ability to play with integrity and that we can be proud of ourselves. I don't know why it takes us several innings to get our gloves working well. Sarah pitched another great game, all 7 innings. Jeff, had an awesome catch and slid into 3rd and was safe. He has some wounds to show for it! Matt threw some long hit balls back into the infield and got a great hit tonight! We have a great team and I am proud to play with them! I played catcher the whole game and had some good hits, but only got to first once. Poor Sarah said softball wasn't fun tonight, that makes me sad, since she loves the game more than anyone I know. I didn't make her happy when the other team called her a "daisy"!

The weather is hot and humid. We turned on our A/C in our bedroom and have the fans positioned on both floors for good air flow. Tomorrow will be another hot day. There is lots to do. Mary has her quartet practice, then a wedding, and I work night shift tomorrow night. I hope to get some extra sleep sometime. Guess I should call it a night. Need to shower first though after a long battled game.

Feeling better,

Gracie