Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just To Let You Know

We are deciding whether to get another car. Initially we were going to trade the van for a "new" one, but found out we wouldn't get very much for it. Our van has over 150,00 miles on it. The more we thought about it, the more the plans changed. I had the idea of getting a "new" car for me and letting the kids drive the old van, which is fine with them. This is better because of insurance costs. The first car we tested was the Kia Spectra. A brand new red one with great incentives! It was ok, and I could walk away without feeling a need to buy it. Whew! Then we stopped at the Toyota dealer. I love Toyotas. I saw a nice little Matrix, but Jeff has been interested in getting a Hybrid. So they showed me the Prius. What a cool car! It drives really nice and I was so much more interested in the used Prius than the new Spectra. No, we didn't buy it, not yet. Jeff has done a lot of homework on pricing, interest rates and insurance. We may go drive this white one later today. By the way, the Matrix smelled of cigaretter smoke! Yuck!

Today. It will be busy. Cook for quilting, school runs for Matthew. Drivers Ed, car shopping (maybe), dinner and then the annual Jazz Concert at the gazebo in the park in the evening. Brandon will be singing many songs. Yay! I forgot we are invited to an open house too! Sarah has to ump a game. Of course I still have laundry waiting for me downstairs. I work early on Friday, so I can't stay up too late!
Speaking of late, I am tired! Better get some sleep. Wonder if I will hear our bats? The bat man came and found another nook where they might be getting in. He says he will keep coming until they are gone. The waranty will be good.
Sandman is coming! Night!
Grace