Monday, June 29, 2009

A Wonderful Weekend!

We had a very nice weekend! Saturday I got up and made some brownies for part Brandon's graduation gift. The afternoon was spent at another graduation open house and then we went to a nearby church for a musical concert. Jeff spoke for the event. He did a great job and used the story of being out on the family boat with his dad and brothers when a storm blew in. A favorite of ours. Dinner was served and we were off to a Whitecaps baseball game. It was Thrivent Night. It was pretty warm but in the shade! We had a winning ticket and got a baseball cap. We were glad when there were some light showers! The game went into extra innings and we ended up losing 5-4. I hope that our softball team can win tomorrow night!

Church went well. I played for the service. Seems like I have more trouble with introductions than with playing the hymn for them to sing! The congregation is forgiving. I enjoy playing the clavinova. We had lunch at Subway. Jeff left for the Michigan District convention and the rest of us headed out to Brandon's Open House. We had a very nice time. The food was very good, lots of fun pictures to look at, videos to listen and watch and outdoor games to play. Matthew spent ~3 hours swimming in the lake, kayaking and went along on a pontoon ride with me and some other folks. After we got home, we watched some TV and I heard from Jeff. He reports that the first night of the convention was very good! YAY for a GREAT Sunday!

I wish I could say that Friday was a good day too. I had an interesting day at work. The nursing compnay supervisor came out for a visit and can say that she was condesending and hard to get along with. I am not going to go into detail, but I couldn't wait for her to leave. It was a long day. We drove into Grand Rapids for dinner at the Olive Garden and enjoyed a meal then shopping at Kohl's for some needed clothes. Matt drove home with Jeff riding shotgun. It was a ride to remember! Matt had to drive through construction on the expressway with curves and such, at night! He is getting some good experience.

Tomorrow I go to work, Sarah has therapy and of course our softball game in the evening. I hope to update soon after!

Guess that is it for now. Have a good week!

Grace