Saturday, June 13, 2009

Golfing in the AM

Jeff and I golfed with our friends Randy and Norma today as a fundraiser for Camp Concordia. We had a lot of fun! We didn't win, but still had a great time. I had some really nice drives and even a few good fairway shots. I now like my 3 iron. Jeff did better with the pitching and putting. Randy did win $10 for a great story. He drove the ball and it hit a tree then bounced back into the fairway and all the way back to the green. We had hot dogs at the turn around and then grilled burgers after the tournament. We are back home and tired. Jeff rested before heading over to church for weding counselling.

Matthew has his permit and is asking to drive all the time. Everyone wants to drive my new car, the Prius. It is a pretty cool, although we are dealing with some ABS problems. The dealer is going to look at it again on Monday. I guess one of sensors needed replacing, but evidently there is more to the story. I drove to GR yesterday and got over 40 miles to the gallon. I filled it up on Wednesday night and it is still registers a full tank. I probably only used 2 gallons to get to grand rapids and back.

Work was fine. I fell on Thursday going into church for quilting. I saved the brownies I made, but tore the knee right out of my pants and scraped up my knee and bruised the other. Needless to say, I couldn't crawl around the floor like I normally do. I work Monday and Friday this week. Just found out that one of my patient's doctor was a med student at St Louis Childrens Hospital when I worked there in 1998! I thought he looked familiar. I looked him up on the hospital website and true enough it was George from St Louis!

Tomorrow is church, chapel in the afternoon for the retirement home and a choir party. VBS starts Monday morning. We are anxious to see our cousins again too!

So Long from Sunny Michigan!

Grace