Thursday, June 4, 2009

Accomplished!

Today was very productive. I made lasagna rolls for quilting lunch, worked on music for Sunday and am working on the last load of laundry. This afternoon Matt had driver's training, and we took a look at this Prius right here in Greenville. It is very clean. There are more miles, but that makes it more affordable. I also know that Toyotas are great cars, so even with more miles I know I can depend on it. We should know if it will be ours in the next few days. I think buying local is a plus, that way I wouldn't have to drive to G.R. for any needed service.

Tonight we went to the High School Jazz Band concert. It was great as always. The weather was great and time flew by and it was over. Brandon did a very nice job singing with the group. He also plays the keyboard. I'm thinking Mary should sing with the group next year. Matt is done with band. He doesn't really want anything to do with it. We are keeping the trumpet and Jeff wants to learn to play it. The mouthpiece is stuck and I still have to get to the music store to have it repaired.

Mary had a meeting with the guidance counselor and the spanish teacher this morning. Mary wants to get some foreign language credit on her transcripts for college admissions. So she will do independent study for Spanish I and take a profieciency exam this fall. Sarah can help her. Then she will take Spanish II in the fall. She will have Independent study english, Pre Calculus, Chemistry, Orchestra, Village Green and Government one semester and Music theory the next semester. Matt had his last finals today and school is officially over! He is very happy.

Driving is going pretty well. Matthew has one more week and then Mary will have a week of class. She will be eligible to take the road test after completing the 3 day course. We have been practicing parking procedures.

Well, I am working at 0500, so I am going to end this post. I'll let you know what happens with the car.

Good Night!

Grace, who is 45 for just 34 more hours!