Friday, July 3, 2009

What A Difference A Day Makes

I was going to blog Wednesday night, but couldn't think of anything to report. I guess I could have told you that I had a good day at work or that I acutally made dinner last night, but those are just regular daily routines. I bought a new Wii game that we have played a lot lately, a Disney Trivia of sorts. Sarah especially likes it, she wins! I still have fun anyway.

But today (7/2), well I have some unbelievable news! Mary has decided to compete in the Miss Danish Festival Pageant. She thought that she missed the deadline, but they called today and said she could still apply. Since this morning she has accomplished much of the paperwork that is required to participate. Should she win, she would advance to Miss Michigan! How crazy is that? Jeff and I support her, and think as she does, that this would be a great opportunity and experience. Some of you may have already received an email from her. I guess this was kind of a Mary day, she received her driver's license in the mail and got a new hair cut this morning. She wanted some more layers and got a little more that she bargained for. It still looks nice and the length in general is about the same.

Yesterday, we weren't sure of our travel plans. Today we have an itinerary! St. Louis, MO-Norman, OK-Dallas, TX- Memphis, TN-Columbus, OH. All in about 10 days! Good thing we have 5 drivers in the family. We were thinking of what we could do tomorrow as a family, maybe go somewhere for fun. Well, the van is going to the auto clinic in the AM for a new alternator/battery and then Jeff has a private memorial service in the late afternoon. We hope to go see some fireworks on Saturday. Sunday I have kids church and Jeff and I will be doing chapel for the assisted living/nursing homes here in town.

Sarah has been applying for scholarships online and has pretty much decided that there is no job for her in Greenville, especially since she will be leaving for college in 7 weeks and 2 of those are on vacation. She'd really like to get to a Tigers game before heading back to Holland. Matthew just wants to drive, drive anywhere! He'd like to see transformers too, but his sisters saw it with their friends separately and I really don't want to see it at all. Guess he will have to wait or find a friend to see it with.

Guess that is about it. Have a great weekend!

Grace