Saturday, June 19, 2010

Missing..Recovering

This weekend was the Heumann Family Reunion in Chicago, IL.  I would have loved to be there, but instead I am missing fun times, like baseball games, meals with relatives I haven't seen in years and boat tours down the chicago river.  Our family loves Chicago and just being in the windy city would have been wonderful.

I am recovering more each day after my leg surgery.  I need less pain meds and ice and don't bother with the crutches anymore. Of course putting my leg up several times a day is needed to keep the swelling down.  My biggest problem seems to be bathing. I can't get my leg wet and need to keep my boot on.  So I will be doing lots of sponge baths.  Washing my hair is a challenge, but evenmore standing there  blow drying it properly is difficult since my leg starts to hurt. I am still challenged to go up the stairs and completing a number of regular household chores.  The family has been very helpful.  Mary and Matthew even went grocery shopping for me today.

Jeff is in Lansing today at a district event getting ready for the Lutheran Church Synodical Convention next month.  He should be home later this evening.  Mary got called into work 3 hours early today which is good for her income and also good to get more hours in the future.  When they call and you can come in at a drop of a hat, they like you!  Matthew helped with softball lineups and positions for Monday.  I think we are ready for a great game. He has been really helpful in cleaning up the house too.  Sarah has today and tomorrow off and last I heard she was going to Subway with some friends.  Her friend Justin is going to go down to Holland this afternoon and they are planning to see the new Shrek movie.  I'd like to see Toy Story!

Now that I am more mobile  and such, I need to get down to bill paying and banking and practice for church tomorrow. I am the "organist".  I am going to take something to prop my left leg up with, it should be fine. First, I think I will get cleaned up!

Wish me luck! Thanks for all of your prayers!

Gracie

No comments: