Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Today is the Day!

After rescheduling twice, I will have surgery to relieve my plantar fasciitis today at 2 pm.  The surgery is an outpatient procedure and should only take about 30 minutes, recover for a few hours and then go home.  I will need to wear a FAS (foot ankle support) boot for two weeks. So today I have worked on laundry, and finally hung up  the clean clothes accumulating in my room!  Yay!  Took the kids to Grand Rapids where Mary got some cello music and then we got a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts.  They are so delicious.   I just ate one before midnight, now I can't eat until after surgery tomorrow. Clear liquids are fine till 10 am.


Yesterday I worked a shift with my little girl patient.  She was so happy to see me and we had a nice day.  Luckily there weren't any med changes, so I kept up with her schedule just fine.  I will be off again until at least the first week in July.  The family is going on a weeks vacation soon.


Softball Monday ended with another win for Mount Calvary.  Sarah surprised the team and came home to play.  She pitched another whole game and we took the win with a score of 13-3. We had a couple of great innings and good defense too. I got on base twice I think and ran for myself.  It was my last game of the season.  Sarah took the van back to Holland this week, and may be able to be back for next week's game. She has worked several days now as a first responder for sports camps at Hope College and really enjoys the work. 


I am happy to announce that Matthew has a job!  He will be working as a childcare assistant at our Church's childcare.  He starts tomorrow and is supposed to report to the bowling alley, since the kids will be bowling there tomorrow. That made him pretty happy!  Mary continues to work at McDonald's a few days a week and just got another cello student.  She has two cello students this summer and two English students.


Mary's Open House was very nice. The food was delicious, many people were complimentary.  Jim (Brandon's Dad) did a great job and was a tremendous help!  It was nice to visit with our friends too!  Mary's video that she made turned out great and she had a very nice display. There will be photos posted on the Family Photo Album soon.


I am getting pretty tired, guess I should think about gettting some rest.  I guess after I switch out the laundry one more time!

Gracie

No comments: