Monday, June 28, 2010

Off They Go!...Softball Monday!

Mary and Brandon left for Philadelphia this morning just before 10 am.   They are looking forward to a fun week at the National Barbershop Convention, singing barbershop and watching a competition.  Some exciting news is that  they will be able to meet up with a barbershop coach and see rehearsals up close. Today's weather was beautiful and I will be praying for their safe travel and a fun time.  Mary and Brandon will be staying with some friends, just across the river from Philley in New Jersey. Will update you as I know more information. We packed some sandwiches, chips, cookies and pop for the trip this morning. They have planned this trip for nearly a year, and are so excited to be on their way!

Speaking of fun, we enjoyed ourselves at a wedding reception yesterday afternoon. Brandon's dad and his new wife threw a very nice party, with a lovely lunch buffet. Brandon gave an excellent toast to the couple and then sang a some songs for the happy couple. It was so nice to hear him perform "Fly Me to the Moon", "You Make Me Feel So Young", "Mac the Knife" and Elvis' "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" I think there might have been one other Sinatra song, but I can't remember which one.  the pictures from the beach wedding were really beautiful.  I was so glad to be a part of the celebration.

Sarah came home yesterday for a couple nights.  Didn't have to work Monday or Tuesday, so we get to enjoy having her with us!  Tonight is Softball Monday and the team will be glad that Sarah will be back to pitch and give the team her spirit! I am thinking of going tonight and "watching". Actually, I am wondering if I could coach and  hobble around. We will see if any rain shows up, also the field doesn't have the easiest access for physically impaired people.

Matthew got his first paycheck from his new job and deposited it this morning. He has his mind set and is saving for a car.  I just hope he can wait and save a little extra money for decent car, not a cheap heap! Anyway, he had a staff meeting and then went to the high school and took his Geometry Exam!  He is officially done with his sophomore year.  Congrats, Matt!

Tomorrow Matthew works at childcare and then Sarah, Jeff and I are going to Grand Rapids to get Sarah a new military ID and also update her records.  Since she will be 21 this year, normally her benefits would end. But luckily since she is a full time student, we can keep her on insurance and benefits until she is 23.  That is a great thing!  After that, I am going for my post-op appointment. My staples will get removed and I should be able to wear my left shoe again, since I am walking pretty comfortably in my boot now.  No pain pills today, but still take Tylenol.  My biggest fear is that if I don't wear the boot and keep my foot in alignment, the same thing will happen. I trust my doctor and so I will ask my questions and follow his instructions!  I am excited to think my feet won't hurt anymore!

Better get ready for dinner, Jeff is going to grill steaks and then off to softball.

Gracie!

No comments: