Monday, June 21, 2010

U-Mich--VBS--Softball

Mary left at 0530 this morning for Ann Arbor.  She has new student orientation for the next few days.  I know that she arrived safely, met at least 7 new people, went on a tour, ate lunch and did placement testing this afternoon.  I can't wait to hear from her later about how day number one went!  She was anxious to get her "M" Card, student ID, and choose her classes! 

VBS started this morning and my craft table went pretty well.  I think I have a new idea to make the project go quicker tomorrow.  I am doing the same craft all week, along with other crafts going on at the same time. The kids choose which crafts they want to do. I hobbled along and did pretty well with my booted leg. Still feel like the calf is pretty swollen.  Called the nurse today and she had me take my leg out of the boot and check for redness and heat, which I did not see, and what pain I do have is not constant.  I will watch closely for the next day or two and if there isn't much improvement, we may get an ultrasound to make sure there aren't any blood clots.  Sounds scary, but I am not too worried right now. I have help at VBS and think that I will be able to function just fine. I promise I will not over-do it!

It is Softball Monday and I am staying home :(  Jeff is going to coach in my stead, and I gave him report and strategy.  I know the team is in good hands.  I thought about going to watch, but I don't think I could just sit there, I would want to get up and coach.   We are playing a very good team tonight, hope we can stay undefeated!  Sarah came back from Holland to play and pitch for the team.  She brings spirit to the team too!  We are glad she could come, as her house back in Holland had a sewage backup in the her cottage basement. Guess they got things under control enough for her to leave.  Glad it is campus housing, they get to clean it up!  None of Sarah's things were stored downstairs. Whew! 

Waiting to hear from the Heumann's about the reunion weekend.  By the sounds of the Facebook entries, it was a fun weekend. Too bad the reunion couldn't pass through Greenville, MI!

Father's Day was very nice.  Sarah surprised us and came home to visit.  Came home after church and Voila! Sarah was sitting there smiling in the den!  We had dinner together and then enjoyed a relaxing afternoon together.  Mary went to work at McDonalds, so we went to get ice cream there before Sarah left for Holland. She's done a lot driving back and forth the past week.  We love having her home as much as we can.  She is enjoying her job and worked over 50 hours last week! $$$  As much as I miss the younger years, it is really nice to watch your kids grow up, make good choices and become wonderful Christian adults. I am proud of all all three of mine!!

Matthew is helping out with games at VBS and doing a great job.  He works at childcare tomorrow and Thursday after VBS.  He loves his new job and they love him!   He has arranged to take his Geometry tests at the high school on Wednesday and Friday this week.  It sure will be nice to have all of his classes done!

Going to put my leg up for a while and take a rest!

Gracie

No comments: