Monday, September 6, 2010

Best Made Plans Lead to Disappointment

Today was supposed to be a really fun last day of summer.  I can't say that things turned out that way.
  • It was a rainy day, we even had a little thunder. All in all a gloomy Labor Day.
  • My morning TV routine was pre-empted with Jerry Lewis Telethon and the US Tennis Open.
  • I have to do laundry!
  • My new shelves that Matthew was going to put together were not the right color. Thought it was a dark brown/cherry but it looked black.  They went back to the store. Luckily Matthew was able to fix a cabinet and we can use that again and take the other new shelves he made up to my room.
  • Took Matthew to the movies and it was HORRIBLE. It was very boring with a poor plot.  Thought that a George Clooney thriller would have more action.  Don't see it.
  • Found a screw in my tire.
  • Excited about a yummy dinner at Jimmy's Pub and Grub only to find it closed when we arrived. Applebee's was open and we had a nice time.
  • My room isn't done. Clothes are put away, but still have boxes of things to unpack.
  • Had to finish cleaning Mary's room.  Lots of it was done, but hauled the trash down and closed the window.
For now, I am watching football on TV, need to fold clothes and was supposed to watch a movie with Matthew, but he is playing video games in his room. Guess this is what is will be like from now on.

The clothes are waiting, better get folding.

I miss my girls

Grace

No comments: