Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Let Down

Summer let down has hit home.  First there were the trips and then Sarah goes off to Hope, then I thought I have a couple weeks left with Mary to have fun and get ready for college.  Now that is over too.  Matthew starts school on Tuesday and summer will officially be over.  It sure is weird not having any of my girls home, although I am happy that they are settled and adjusting to being on their own.  Time sure does fly by...So needless to say I am a bit sad, missing my girls and my man and overwhelmed by the work still ahead of me.
  • Laundry and cleaning the house
  • Finish moving back into my room and get rid of the furniture and stuff I don't want.
  • Plan music for my musical groups/and lessons for Sunday School
  • Work 2-3 days a week
  • Get my eyes checked, my glasses just don't work like they used to.

The rest of our time in Ann Arbor on Thursday was lots of fun.  Brandon and Mary joined us for lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and shopping at the M Den.  I had lots of fun there!  Mary went on to her job interview and Matthew and I hung around in her dorm room, contemplating how we were going to rearrange it as soon as she returned.  The job interview went really well. Guess there were 55 applicants and she would be interviewing until the end of this week.  The interviewer was very impressed that Mary contacted her personally and had a resume and letter of recommendation.  Mary interviewed with another lady impromtu for another position as well.  Will let you know what happens. 


Then came the rearranging!  We spent a few hours trying different things and finally came up with a good set up. Her bed is lofted on a book shelf and dresser, so it isn't so high, but does conserve space.  The couch is under her window.  Desk opposite the bed and her fridge and microwave in the corner.  She is much happier. I have posted tons of pictures of her room on our photo album



Originally we were going to have dinner with a friend in Dearborn, but I found out that I was invited to the opening convocation for the class of 2014.  It was quite a walk with the masses and then the Krisler Center wasn't air conditioned!  Still the program was nice and we got to sing the Yellow and Blue and the  Victors!  We waited around for the bus to pick us up, since we were pretty tired from long day. Matt took some really cool pictures at sunset..check the photo album.


Friday we checked out of our hotel room and headed back to campus one last time. The weather had cooled off and the sky a beautiful blue!  Lunch was at my favorite Ann Arbor restaurant. Guess? Cottage Inn!  Manicotti was delicious.  Matthew enjoys the bread with olive oil! Then it was time for our goodbyes at Mary's room.  I wasn't going to cry, but I did shed some tears.  I will miss her so much. Life will be really different with just Matthew at home. I will be outnumbered 2:1.(not including the dog).

Speaking of the dog, we picked him up nice and clean and soft from the kennel.  He got groomed too. He was glad to be home and Matthew and I just relaxed at home. We were tired.  It was much cooler when we got home and I was able to turn off the AC and be plenty comfy in the house.  Hurray! It was about time. Jeff mentioned that there was heavy wind and rain that moved through while we were gone and we did have some tree damage.


Saturday morning I got my Michigan flag up for the season opener football game in Ann Arbor. Mary has season tickets and was so excited to go.  We were going to Holland too, to visit Sarah and exchange cars again. Sarah was very tired from working all morning, but we managed to go out shopping and get her birthday present, a printer for her computer.  She was happy to receive it early.  Can't believe she will be 21 in just a few weeks. Where has the time gone?  Had a light meal at Culvers and then headed home.  With football season started, we kept watch of the scores.  Florida, Michigan and Oklahoma won their games, Hope lost theirs in the last 5 minutes. I finally got some better pictures of Sarah's house and her room.  I posted them on the photo album too!

Church today was very nice, back to regular schedule, bible hour at 9 am and church at 1015.  Fellowship was an ice cream social!  Yum!  Home just afternoon and then headed to Hailey's brother's birthday party at Chuck E Cheeses. It was a fun time.  Hailey loved to go down the slide!  She is really growing up.
Matthew has done a great job, fixing a cabinet that received some damage with all the furniture moving, putting on my U Mich license plate.  Now I am contemplating if I should return the shelves I bought for my room, or use the ones I got for the den to replace the cabinet that Matthew fixed.  Need to work on the list above too.  For now we are enjoying switching between Star Wars and Sound of Music.  Both great movies!

Tomorrow? Matthew wants to do something fun, before going back to school.  Will have to think of something fun to do, and maybe finish up the summer with a dinner at Jimmy's Pub and Grub.

That is all for now...have a great Labor Day!

Gracie

No comments: