Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Good First Day!

Tuesday was a much better day than Labor day.  The weather was better, blue sky, nice temps and a pretty impressive wind.  Our trellises blew over twice, so I decided to let them rest until the wind is over. It is still pretty windy and I think it is supposed to continue tomorrow.  Sure hope that tree doesn't come down on the house.

Matthew had a nice first day of 11th grade.  He likes all his classes and got his homework done in a timely fashion.  I stopped at K Mart after I picked him up from work to get him some folders, as the "other" stores sold out of the good ones.  Tomorrow Matthew will ride his bike to school since I will be working when he needs to get to work. He is pretty excited about it and got his bike all ready.  I bought him a new helmet and bike lock yesterday.  Hopefully the tires will hold their air.  We have a back-up plan in place.Matthew talked to administration about co-op with his job at the childcare center. That would be great! He is hoping to work a full crew gig at the high school this Friday night for an ABBA GOLD concert.

While Matthew was at school, I got some of my chores done at home. The laundry is done, some furniture moved in the house, dishes done and I got the tire fixed on the Prius.  While Matthew was working on his bike, I offered to mow the lawn.  It looks pretty good for my second time. I called public works earlier in the day to have them take care of that tree, so I hope that happens soon.

Sarah called today and was busy with doing athlete physicals this afternoon.  She finished her drawing of the tricycle and texted my a picture.  It looks great!  I don't really know her schedule for this semester yet, but she sure has it all together.

Mary had a good first day. She had Psychology, English and History today and has a good impression.  Tomorrow she has lectures..Freshman seminar, "American Family", Psychology and History. She called me Stonight and we had a nice conversation about all sorts of things. She has met up with her Greenville friends for meals and other activities.  She is looking forward to attending the Women's Glee Club meeting later this week including and audition.

I am working tomorrow for a full day.  We will be spending most of the day in Grand Rapids at appointments.  Should be a little eaiser now that she doesn't need suctioning.  Choir starts tomorrow night too. We will see if I have enough energy to attend.  With Jeff still being gone, I like to spend time with Matthew in the evening.

Guess that is all for now.

Gracie

No comments: