Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Update from Ann Arbor

Mary arrived home yesterday afternoon just in time to help me with making chicken crescents for dinner. We did that a lot when she lived at home.  They were delicious and we had a lot of fun and interesting conversation.  She collected things to take back with her and then we all  went shopping together at Wal Mart.  Stocked her up with food and snacks and a new fleece blanket to keep her warm at night.  Before we knew it, Brandon was back from his meeting and we were off for Ann Arbor.  Brandon did a lot of reading and Mary and I chatted while she drove the 2 hour trip.  Once we got back to her room, she unpacked and then we had a late night snack, pizza from the cafeteria right down the hall from her room. It was pretty good, even had a wheat crust.  Mary let me sleep on her bed and she slept on the recliner.  Her report is that is wasn't too bad and my report is that it gets cold in her room at night.  Mary is off to class now for the rest of the day and I will be leaving to see a friend in Dearborn.

Jeff and Matthew went to see another car yesterday.  This time it was a Kia.  They liked it very much and will have it checked out by our mechanic today. I guess this was the best of the cars we have seen. Matthew loves to look at cars and would love to get the "new" one but is resigned that he will inherit the van and Sarah will get the drive the next car in Holland, whenever that day comes.

I got a lot done yesterday, over half of the laundry washed dried and folded! I also worked on a few job applications.  There sure is a lot to consider.  I really want to be challenged again, using all of my nursing skills, and I am pretty frustrated and exhausted with my nursing company. They are so petty with the paperwork that I am paranoid after sending it in. On the other hand, taking a full time job in the hospital will mean that I would have to resign from a lot of my church work and miss evening fucntions at school and work on holidays.  This is a huge decision and I don't want to make it in haste but can't wait around when a great opportunity is available.

Soon I will be leaving to see a friend in Dearborn.  We will have lunch together before I head back to Greenville this afternoon.  There is a theatre meeting for cast, crew and parents tonight at 7pm.  I hope to finish up the laundry and work on the computer as well.  Work tomorrow.

That is all for now...have a great day!

Gracie

PS: Jeff and Leslie are in the lead of our Footbal Frenzy!

No comments: