Sunday, September 26, 2010

Good End to a Great Weekend!

Bowling went well for me again tonight!  My first game started out slow, but in the end, I bowled over 100 which is always my goal. However, things got better and I bowled a 167 and then a 123, both over average.  Jeff bowled a 213 on the first game, then a 168 and a 160, so he did well too. Of course the evening ended at McDonald's with our team for fellowship!

Saturday was a good day too.  Our Division I teams won their games.  Michigan and Florida won with a bigger point spread, but Oklahoma won by only 2!  We will have to see who will be in the lead this weekend.  Won't know until tomorrow. 

We also spent time with Sarah for her birthday.  Steak dinner is what was planned so we picked up Sarah and drove to Logan's.  The wait time was 30 minutes, so we called a close by restaurant, O'Charley's to see how long of a wait they had...immediate seating! So off we went to O'Charley's and we had a delicious meal there. Sarah had a Skye Strawberry Lemonade, I had a Strawberry Daiquiri, and Jeff had a beer. Matthew was the designated driver! The food was really good, we had steak, ribs, chicken fingers and a burger. There were delicious rolls and a big salad to start out with. Service good and Sarah was happy it wasn't freezing like many restaurants. After dinner we sent shopping at Wal Mart before heading back to Sarah's house.  I brought her brownies, but she was tired and full from dinner so we left her some and took the rest home.

Tomorrow Mary will come home for just a few hours with her friend and then I will take them back to campus late tomorrow night.  I will see just how comfortable her loveseat recliner is to sleep on!  Tuesday I will drive into Dearborn and have lunch with a friend I had planned to see earlier in the month. Will be back Tuesday evening to attend the cast, crew and parent meeting for the high school play. Back to work on Wednesday!  I will be glad to spend some time with my Mary, here at home and at her dorm.

My feet have been hurting a little more lately, but certainly not as bad as before.  So I have decided to put my old inserts back into my shoes (my therapist said I didn't need them anymore).  I think it helped some. Will continue to do my exercises as usual. I see the doctor again on the 16th of October.

Guess that is all for now...still need to get to the laundry and other chores.  Think it might have to wait for Monday at this time of the day! Have a great week ahead!

Gracie

No comments: