Saturday, January 8, 2011

Almost Over

Christmas Break is almost over, officially.  Sarah will return to Holland tomorrow.  It has been a good time for everyone.  I guess that means I should have taken down the Christmas stuff this weekend.  Will have to put it on my to do list, along with finishing the laundry and writing Thank You notes! Jeff brought our Nativity Scene in yesterday.   While I will miss Sarah when she goes back, as I did when Mary left, I am also very proud and happy that they are thriving while away from home.

Sarah has been named to the Dean's List at Hope College for her outstanding academics for the Fall 2010 semester.  Great Job!   We ordered some of her books for this semester on Amazon a few days ago and they arrived today!  She already has homework due on the first day of classes. Her first clinical assignment for the winter semester is to work at a doctor's office.  She is supposed to report on Monday, they day before classes start!  The Athletic Training Program is pretty rigorous. My last blog reported that we were going to watch the Hope Basketball game.  We did and they lost. Better luck next time!

Mary started classes on Wednesday.  So far so good, she is loving her German class, which is good since it is an eight credit hour course.  She may have the chance to  travel to Germany during spring break with one of her teachers.  What an awesome opportunity.  Will have to see what the costs are.  Yesterday she auditioned on her cello for her participation in a Chamber Group.  She played Breval's Sonata, the piece she played for her final Solo and Ensemble last winter.  It went well.  I am so glad that she will be playing her cello at college and getting credit too!  Today Mary was busy with Women's Vocal Arts Day.  I guess as part of the women's glee club, she had to sing throughout the day.  Maybe I will get a report of the day's activities this week. I will be picking Mary and Brandon up this Friday for a long weekend.  They have no classes on Monday.

Matthew is getting back in the swing of school.  He worked at the Performing Arts center at the high school last night and tonight for a local Dance School recital.  He gets good pay for working a job he loves.  One Acts in coming up and he is very optimistic about the play this year.   I will be attending the District Competition which takes place at GHS on January 29th.  Best thing is it is a FREE day of theatre.  Come out and see six one act plays and experience the highs of One Act Competition!

Jeff and I spent some time planning "dates" for the next few months.  Our calendar is filled with work and play which will keep our lives from being boring! Guess you will have to keep reading the blog to find out what we are up to!

For now, I had better read my Sunday School lesson, look over some music and spend "quality" time with my college girl!

Grace

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DAVE AND LESLIE

No comments: