Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snow Day #3

Kudos to my personal meteorologist!  Great forecast Jeff!  We got snow, sleet and more snow, just as he predicted. This morning we woke up to a winter wonderland with 3 inches of new snow and 5 inches on the ground.  No School for Matthew, hooray!  He has been hoping for this day for a long time.  I am hoping that I can get Matthew to help me take the Christmas Tree down!

Kid's choir and Chime Team were able to meet last night before the weather got too bad and was quite productive.  The kids sang just great last Sunday.  Both groups are well prepared for their upcoming performances.

Mary and Brandon made it back to University of Michigan safe last night and are ready for another week of school. I am hoping to bring her back on the 28th for the UMMGC concert in Grand Rapids and for the District One Acts Festival on Saturday the 29th at GHS.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate with our plans!

We will be taking Matthew to visit Western Michigan University on the 31st as a possible college choice for 2012!  They have programs for both of his career interests: Theatre Production and Design and Occupational Therapy, quite different from each other.  We won't be pushing either one, want him to choose a job he would love doing! Makes going to work less of a job!

Sarah has been super busy at Hope and is trying to stay warm in the frigid weather. I hope the down comforter I sent back with her is helping.   Sarah's winter break is right around Matthew's 17th birthday! 

So what is ahead this week:
  • Classes for work online and a yearly performance meeting on Thursday.  I work Wednesday and Friday.
  • Choir on Wednesday and Orchestra on Thursday
  • Dinner with Friends on Friday
  • Going to the Dinner Show "Blazin Guns" on Saturday night at the Greenville Community Center.
  • Chimes play on Sunday and I play for church too...looks like some more music on the organ.  
  • Harlem Globetrotters Sunday afternoon followed by bowling in the evening.  Wow! I forgot to mention that we won all four points at bowling this week. I bowled over average 2 of 3 games and Jeff had a great night with one 201 game and a great series overall!
  • Have some minor home improvements to do and I really need to put away all my clean clothes. At least I got all the laundry done!
My brother  had a birthday yesterday. Happy Birthday Dave!

Have a great week!


Gracie

No comments: