Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lots of "Ones" this Year

1-11-11

Second day this year with all ones.  I think it is pretty cool.  Helen DeVos Children's Hospital moved into their new building today!  How exciting! I remember as a nursing student in St Louis, I was the last group of nursing students at the old St Louis Children's Hospital. They were getting ready to move just days after my last day of clinicals.  Years later I worked at the "new" hospital (that wasn't new anymore) as an RN in the NICU.   Maybe this will be the year that I will get hired at this new children's hospital as an RN, instead of being a mom of a sick boy! I would sure love to tour the whole hospital!

I got a lot of paperwork and music organization done today.  It doesn't seem like it should take a long time, but before I knew it, the day is nearly over.  Now I will need to practice the piano more often to be ready for our challenging orchestra songs, but they are so great!  Hope I can do it! Practice, practice, practice. Had a  great kids choir and chime team practice last night.  Thanks to Jeff for filling in as a ringer last night. Sure makes thing practice go better when all the chimes are ringing.

Here is some BIG news from Ann Arbor~Mary is going to Germany for Spring Break! They are going with the Residential College German Theatre Group.  Mary and Brandon are enrolled in the  Residential College and  in the German Language program.  When the teacher found out they have a  theatre background, she invited them to attend this educational vacation in Munich.  What a wonderful experience  and  I am very excited for them and a little jealous!

I work tomorrow and Friday, my regular days, from 9-5 and then have choir on Wednesday and will drive to Ann Arbor on Friday to pick up the Wolverines.  They have a dinner to attend this weekend.  Jim will drive them back either Sunday or Monday. Thursday I am back to quilting and taking part of our lunch.  Maybe I can get a lot done on my sheep quilt.  It will be so cute!

Still have plenty of things to accomplish and cross off my to do list...I just keep taking thing on at a time!

Have a nice day!

Grace

No comments: