Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

We welcomed 1-1-11 with pizza rolls, pot stickers and cookies.  Jeff and Sarah had a beer, I had a glass of wine and Matthew had some healthy Apple Juice! Sammy freaked out when we popped some noise makers and he heard some fireworks too.  He tried to hide upstairs and then tried scratching behind the refrigerator.  Poor dog.  I felt sorry for him.  Of course we watched some football, mythbusters and then played a game of Cranium.  Sarah and Matthew won.  It was still fun.  Matthew and Sarah played some Wii until 3 am and we all went to bed.   Mary reported that the Rat Pack concert last night was very good, especially the band.  I am glad that they had a nice time.

Watched most of the Rose Bowl Parade and then the football began.  Try to watch three games at once!  The Big Ten games ended up to be blowouts, so we focused on the Gator vs Penn State game.  It was a  good game and we were all glad the the Gators won!  It is great to be a Florida Gator, even if you never went to that school. I didn't watch the Rose Bowl, instead I made a nice Pork Roast dinner and made a quick trip to the store for some groceries.  The roast was very good and we had potatoes and stuffing to go along with it.  Mary, Sarah and I then prepared bulkoogi for tomorrow.  Mmmmm!  Back to watching football, and the Sooners are winning!  Boomer Sooner!  Forgot to mention that Mary and I practiced for church tomorrow. We are playing Gesu Bambino.  I took the time to write the melody in bass clef this afternoon.  It sounds pretty nice, especially since she just saw the music for the first time this afternoon.

Tomorrow has potential for being very busy.  Sunday School and Church (I'm playing for the service), then I will be making yakimondue while the youth group goes to see the new 3D Narnia movie.  I know Jeff and Matthew are going and maybe Sarah too. Mary will be cooking with me.  The Cory's are coming at 5 for our 2nd annual Christmas Korean Meal.  We always have a fun time together.

Time will fly by, Matthew goes back to school on Monday  and Mary goes back to Ann Arbor on Tuesday. Boo Hoo!  Sarah doesn't have to go back to Holland until Sunday.  Hooray! I am going  to work only one day this week and leave time for Sarah and me to do some stuff.

2010 ended with 50 degree temperatures and the loss of a lot of snow. This evening snow flurries fall for the first time in 2011! That is all for now!

Grace

No comments: