Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crazy Busy!

So it has been one week since my last blog and so much has happened!  Hope I remember to post all the highlights! Here we go!

Rehearsals:  MCLC Orchestra had a great rehearsal with some new awesome music.  Sure hope the pianist can get it together, LOL!   I have been practicing as much as I can. Chime Team played near perfection on Sunday and I was so proud of them.  Monday night's rehearsals for the kids and chimes were very productive and fun too!

We had a very nice time with some friends Friday night. Had a delicious meal and then played 5 rounds of the game Sequence.  Then men played the ladies as teams and the men won all five games!  Liked the game so much that we bought one the next day and have played it a couple times.  I finally won a game tonight.

Saturday Jeff and I went to a dinner and show at the community center.  The food was tasty and the show was a little hokie, but cute.   The fun didn't stop there though. Sunday Jeff, Matt, Matt's friend and I went to see the Harlem Globetrotters. It was a fun afternoon and of course the Globetrotters won the game against the Washington Nationals.  Their game included 4 point shots and a penatly box..how silly!  This caused the teams to be uneven and they GT's could still make awesome plays.

Bowling on Sunday was a struggle.  We won three  points but worked for every pin.  I bowled under average on the first and third game and had a nice 132 for the second. 

I tried my hand at putting up pictures in our bedroom with the "command hooks".  Applied properly and the hooks didn't fit the picture.  So I tried to follow the directions to removed them which ended up pulling off my new blue paint off the wall. There was no paint left from the job last summer, so I was at the paint store today buying some paint that should match pretty well. Someone else is going to have to hang my pictures. I give up.  Jeff worked in our den with home improvements yesterday.  He put in some new plug outlets so they are three prong and added a power surge to the one where are computers are plugged in.  He also changed out our TV cable box for an HDTV cable box and when I got home from choir/chimes Matthew said to me, "your going to love this".  When I saw the high definition picture I was blown away...it is so awesome, so clear!   It really makes a great difference.  Cake Boss in high def,  what is better?  Hahaha.  The other good news is that I got all the Christmas stuff down.  Thanks Matthew for hauling it all downstairs.

Sarah is staying warm in Holland with her down blanket that I sent. Of course she gets chilled walking around campus.  Unfortunately, her brand new LL Bean boots developed a hole at the back of the ankle area.  We j ust sent her first pair (from last year) back for a hole in the toe.  Hmmm.  LL Bean should hold up better than that!  Classes are going fine.  The Hope Athletic Training department is taking 3 students to Japan this May.  Sarah is applying to be one of them.  Let's hope they will choose her and she can return to the Land of the Rising Sun, where she was born!

Mary is very busy at Michigan!  She absolutely loves her German class and is now a part of the German Theatre class.  I guess her afternoon German prof is also the theatre teacher and she needed another actress.  When she found out that Mary had acting experience, she recruited Mary as an addition to the group.  Mary had her first chamber quartet rehearsal last night.  She is in a group with an oboe, violin, cello and viola.   Besides her classes she is working as much as she can at the library and the Law Club. Mary is coming home this weekend for the Men's Glee Club concert in Grand Rapids and to attend the district One Acts at the high  school. Tomorrow she will choose her dorm room for next year! 

Matthew has midterms starting tomorrow. It is also the last week of rehearsals for the One Acts.  Saturday they will get judged and hope to move on to regionals.  He said the show is very funny and things are going well.  They will perform for the community Thursday night as a trial run for an audience. I will be selling tickets!  I love that job.

The weather has been quite cold.  Sunday morning we had temps below zero and reached 7 in the afternoon.  Guess we won't be warming up until next month.  Still have flurries on a regular basis which keeps our snow depth about 6 inches.  The roads are  in pretty good condition.

Guess that is all for now...I will see if I have time to update during the next week.   Have a great one!

Gracie

I will be posting pictures soon! Check back and click on the photo album link!

No comments: