Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day! (4 Days to Germany)

 Drum Roll Please...

 Jeff measured another 2 inches of snow this morning which brings the grand total snow accumulation to 13 inches.  Sure is similar to our blizzard a few weeks ago. This time the blowing wasn't as bad.  Matthew and Jeff are digging out, Jeff with the shovel and Matthew is "driving" the snow blower.  Not the best way to spend your day off from school/work.  I told him I would go out and build a snowman with him later.

Jeff has been working hard toward getting the FAFSA done. That is a lot of work and we are all grateful.  Guess I should work on finishing my top ten things to do and move on to my list of non-urgent projects as well.  Going in to the doctor tomorrow for my sore left hand.  Think I pulled something a month ago and it has been on again off again until lately, it is causing discomfort at work, writing and playing the piano. We will see what he says.

Sarah isn't happy with the all the snow they got in Holland either.  Still she is keeping up with classes and papers.  I think I forgot to mention that she will be going to Minneapolis for the  GLATA (Great Lakes Athletic Training Association) Convention. She is looking forward to attending and learning new things. Sarah also applied and was appointed to be part of the Michigan Athletic Training Student Council. Congratulations!

As noted above, Mary and Brandon will be flying to Germany in FOUR days!   They are excited of course, but are keeping their nose to the grindstone to finish up papers and such before spring break  Looks like Mary's Sweet Adeline's Quartet may be singing in the lobby before the Women's Glee Club Spring Concert.  She will also be part of a small group of singers.

Matthew is doing ok.  His cold hasn't gotten much worse and he appreciates the extra long weekend.  I know he has homework to do though for tomorrow.  We will see if there is school tomorrow.  Roads are getting plowed and unless we get lots more today, I think school will be open.  Not sure when he starts rehearsals with the middle school play.  Lights don't always start early, but the play will be at the end of March, so there isn't much time to prepare. This Wednesday is the Village Green Variety Show. Matthew will of course perform with the Village Green Show Choir and he is part of a men's group that is going to sing a Billy Joel song.   I look forward to attending!  Saturday is the Chelsea Showcase.  Village Green performs at an evening concert with 4 other show choirs from Michigan.  Think I might go with a friend.  Saturday nights aren't good nights for Pastors to be out late.

Well, I guess that sums up everything...Have a great day!

Grace

No comments: