Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Timber!

Early this morning we heard the humming of a truck.  It wasn't going anywhere.  Jeff had a look and the City of Greenville was cutting down a tree  on the easement next to our house.  We have asked for that tree to be removed for a few years.  It is nearly dead and the woodpeckers peck away at it.  The big problem was that it was leaning toward our house, and we weren't sure when it would come crashing down on our house.   It is always a little sad seeing a tree get cut down.  I wonder "How long has it been there?"  Maybe it was there before our house was built.    I sure like the shade it provided, but I guess there will be less leaves to rake next fall. Should we plant another tree? The world needs oxygen!

Sarah is safely back at Hope College.  Wish she could have stayed longer, but she is committed to getting her homework done before classes resume tomorrow. We are very proud of her.  Mary is doing well at U Mich and the countdown to Germany is 10 days! Hooray!

Matthew's One Act Production is heading to Clinton Township, MI for State Festival.  It will be at the Armstrong Theatre which happens to be across the street from Selfridge AFB.  At first, I thought I would skip this performance, especially since Jeff and I are going to the show Friday night. However, Matthew told me yesterday that the shop area is much smaller than our theatre and they will have to assemble the set and spike/mark the stage during spike time, which is 25 minutes just before they perform.  They haven't done that before, and since he is a stage manager, he will be responsible for a lot of it.  It would be so nice to see him doing the work he loves and maybe take some pictures for his portfolio.   Afterward, I could check out the AFB and maybe do a little shopping at the commissary!  That would be so much fun!  Jeff and I will have to talk about the events before I make a decision.  Mary and Brandon want to see the show again and want me to pick them  up "on the way".  Sounds so tempting, but Ann Arbor isn't really on the way, it would add 2 hours of driving for me, plus they have class!  Awards are on Saturday evening, so I won't be going on both days, that is for sure. Which is more important? I think the performance, it's a hilarious comedy!

Well, that is all for today.  I am off for a nice lunch at Jimmy's Pub and Grub with my golf buddies, then I will do some laundry, work on bills and paperwork.  Exciting....not really.  Still it needs to be done. Have to call LL Bean too, since Sarah new boots developed a hole.  Two pairs of boots, same style, same make and both developed holes, one within a year and one within a month!  They better give a great deal!  Wish me luck!

The Icicle Garden has melted....temperatures are heading to the 40's to almost 50 later this week.  Pull out the shorts!  I am not fooled, I know there could be more snow and cold before spring arrives.

Update: The tree was merely trimmed (quite a bit), but it still stands tall!

That is all!

Gracie

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY TO DAN AND JANELLE! BLESSINGS FOR 25 MORE!

No comments: