Monday, February 28, 2011

Time to Catch Up!

Work on Friday was very nice.  Had a nice time with my patient and she keeps me smiling.  Home on time and Jeff and Matthew brought me some boneless chicken wings from their dinner at Applebee's. They are so delicious, what a nice midnight snack!  We watched a netflix movie, The Killers, which was pretty good.  I like Ashton Kutcher and Tom Selleck.

Saturday, Jeff participated in the Walk for Warmth fundraiser.   They raised over 4000 to help those who can't pay to keep the heat on in their homes.   It has been a pretty cold winter and I can't imagine not having any heat!  Later we worked on FAFSA and financial aid.   Saturday evening I went to Chelsea, MI  with a friend to watch the showcase of  Michigan High School Show Choirs.  We had a nice time and the choirs did a great job.  So proud of Greenville High School. Unfortunately, I got a pretty bad headache and went right to bed when I got home.

I felt better this morning, thank goodness.  Was able to prepare my Sunday School lesson, practice the piano and get to church by 0830.  Class went great and the orchestra played well.  I always enjoy playing the clavinova for church.  After church I was taking blood pressures with another nurse from our congregation. Matthew always gets his BP taken and likes to compare numbers.

Finished up all the FAFSA and Financial Aid stuff today and also got in a needed nap. Jeff did too. Youth Group had their meeting this afternoon and Matthew is signed up to go to the Michigan senior youth gathering on Mackinac Island this summer. 

Bowling was pretty crazy tonight! We all bowled well and won three points.  We spotted the other team over 100 pins and the games were neck and neck all night. They  bowled the best games of their lives! We had lots of fun and other team is a nice group of young people. Now for the scores!  Jeff bowled a 575 series with a 188, 213 and 174.  I bowled a 416 series with a 154, 145 and a 117.  Randy and Norma had a great night too. It was position night, so we will see how where we stand next week.  Norma usually knows earlier, since she bowls on Monday nights too.

We are gearing up for another storm overnight and tomorrow morning.  We could get up to 1/4" of ice tonight and a little snow.  Will we have "snow day" #7?  Only time will tell.  I am working tomorrow from 1-5pm, but that should be fine, since the storm will have moved out by noon.  Whew!

Sarah is not feeling too well right now and has a fever. Please pray that she will be feeling better soon!  My hand did hurt after a few games of bowling and is giving me a little discomfort with typing this blog. I will be seeing a hand doctor in a few weeks.

Update from Germany
We did receive a letter from the German teacher notifying us that everyone made it safe and sound.  I also received an email from Brandon's Blackberry Phone reporting that "all is well". Guess they found a Starbucks where they can get internet access. Mary is without her computer, so she will be contacting us through other people's phones, computers or the teacher.

Saturday they got some Euro, got acclimated to the city of Munich and saw the play "misunderstood".

Sunday the whole group got a short tour of the Art Museum from a friend of the teacher who in one of Germany's top art historians. They were able to explore the museums for most of the day.  Mary and Brandon went to see the opera "Nagano".   By now they are probably almost ready to get up for a German breakfast.

I am pretty sure they have a free day of sightseeing then see another show Monday evening.

Sounds like lots of fun!


That is all!

Gracie

No comments: