Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mary's 19th Birthday.

I finally decided to sit down and blog a little. We sure have kept busy!  Mary's birthday celebrations started yesterday and finished up tonight.
  • Sunday church was very nice.  I love Good Shepherd Sunday, played every shepherd/sheep/lamb song I could think of, including I am Jesus Little Lamb, my favorite.  That is even how I came up with my email address years ago. Mary played He Shall Feed His Flock on her cello while I played on the clavinova. It sounded nice. After church I took Mary and Matthew to Red Lobster for her birthday dinner. Monday night is softball, and we eat a little lighter on Mondays before the games. Stopped on the way home to price how much a new TV would be for Mary.  She doesn't want to haul the big/heavy one up three flights this fall to her dorm room. She is looking for a new couch/futon too.  The other one wasn't very comfortable and it was pretty heavy. 
  • Monday morning Matthew and I sang Happy Birthday first thing when we woke up. Although startled at first, she was happy with this tradition in the Wilhelm house for as long as we can remember.  I didn't make her do any chores, had some favorite food, pizza and burgers, for meals and did some more TV pricing and shopping in the afternoon.  Being a good sport, she came along to the softball game that didn't end the way we wanted it to.  Instead of going out for ice cream after the game, we came home and had birthday brownies and opened cards and presents. She bought a fondue pot at a garage sale last Thursday, so we gave her a fondue cookbook and some funds for her wanted furniture.   Ended the day with a quick game of Scrabble with Sarah, the winner! To top it all off, her best friend, Brandon is home from Glee Club tour, that made her day in itself!

In other news:
  • I have been trying to get my chores done before our trip later this week.  The laundry is almost done, and I have been keeping up with bills and mail.  Half of my work on Quicken is done too. 
  • The van's brake light came on this weekend while we driving and is at the car garage getting new brake pads, one new caliper, cleaning and flushing of the brake fluid. Whew! Didn't see that one coming!
  • Sarah came home in time for burgers and pitched for our softball team. It is so nice to have her home.  She will be staying the night and tomorrow, so she can attend Matthew's Choir Concert tomorrow. He has a solo!  Can't wait to hear him!  Sure sounded good when he sings  at home.
  • I have one more day of work before we all travel to South Carolina for Jeff's retrirement.  I am excited and a little nervous too.  Hope I get everything done, pack everything and can find the base late at night. Glad Sarah has a GPS!
Better sign off now, I have a few more chores to do before bed.  Babysitting at 8 am!


Gracie

No comments: