Thursday, May 12, 2011

Three Great Kids!

After work, Mary, Matthew and I loaded up a few more of Sarah's things and headed back to Holland.  The armoire was a real stinker to load into the van but we did it! Mary and Matthew did a great job getting it in her room.  Now Sarah can put her clothes away.  Turns out she got a cable box too, so I lugged that monster back and it should be up and running soon.

Then we went out for dinner together.  The kids treated me for Mother's Day at Red Robin, my choice, where we had delicious burgers and Matthew had chicken.  He loves chicken.  It was a fun time and I love all of my kids for thinking of me.

Next stop? Target.  Sarah needed a few things for her new place and we ended up with some new pretty lunch plates, laundry soap and Matthew got a new softball bat.  I must say it is really a nice bat.  He is hoping to hit a home run with it!

The storms were just starting when we left the store.  What a show of lightning and a steady sheet of rain. I told everyone to wait in the car when we got back to Sarah's house, and texted Jeff to see if he could give us any advice. He was surprised that we were in Holland, as it was a spontaneous trip, and gave us the latest update on the weather.  Even sent us a radar picture. Greenville is at the arrow and Holland is right in the middle of the red line of storms!  Eventually, we all ran into the house, the kids went in before me and I finished talking to my weatherman and by then the rain had lightened up.  Mary helped Sarah decorate the wall with her Tiger calendar and pictures.  We tried to help with the TV, but it wasn't cooperating.  I hope she can get it working soon so she can watch those Tiger games! 

We left pretty late and drove home through moderate rain all the way home. The lighting of the roads was minimal which made driving a little scary.  So glad when we got home.  Didn't take long and we were all asleep.  I love spending time with my kids, they are great!

Mary was up early this morning to work at McDonalds and was home by 0900!  That's early!   Matthew is back at school and I will be off getting a haircut in the next hour.  Want to look my best at Jeff's retirement next week!

 That's all...lots more to do!

Gracie

No comments: