Friday, May 13, 2011

One Week Countdown

One week from today is Jeff's retirement ceremony. Our whole family will be there to celebrate. We are all excited about our trip to Shaw AFB, SC next week.  In the meantime, I am trying to get a lot of things done at home.  Unfortunately, my good intentions aren't as fruitful as I had hoped.   Why?
  1. I can't seem to shake off this allergy/cold/sinus infection that I have had most of the past 6 weeks. 
  2. The kids and I are enjoying doing "fun" things together, including Scrabble, playing music, watching movies, and going to Holland to help Sarah at her new place.
So I went to the doctor's office this morning and saw a PA, because my doctor is rarely available to see patients on the same day. Because I have been sick a while again, I am back on antibiotics.  Sure hope I am all better before flying next Thursday.  I also stayed home from work so as not to put my patient at risk of getting sick too.

Sarah starts her job at the yacht club today, right now at 4pm!  I am excited for her and know that she is excited and probably a little nervous too!  Hope her first day is a great one! Sarah's Yacht Club website. She has already started at her other job with the Biology department, caring for the animals and doing her regular paper work.

Mary is working plenty of hours at McDonald's.  She reports that she will be training on making the food now, in addition to selling the food at the counter and at their Drive Thru.  It is keeping her busy while her buddy, Brandon is on tour with the UM Men's Glee Club. (UMMGC Tour Blog 2011 )  He comes home on Monday, her birthday!  Don't think I can give a better gift than that!  LOL.We will have birthday dinner on Sunday after church, since Monday night is softball night, much to Mary's dismay. We hope Sarah can come early on Monday and spend some girl time in the afternoon.

Matthew is doing well in school and looks forward to church softball from week to week.  He bought a new softball bat this week and is anxious to try it out! He just came home from having his hair cut, again!  He will be cool in the warm/hot weather we have here today! Matthew will be singing a solo as part of the Village  Green performance on Tuesday.  The song? "Come Sail Away" by STYX.  I can't wait to hear it!

Well, I guess that brings you up to date. Sure hope I can find some energy to get my "to do" list done! 

Gracie

No comments: