Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh What a Beautiful Day!

Today's weather has been spectacular! Blue skies mid 7o's and a gentle breeze. Church was very nice and the girls and I sang the verses of "Eat This Bread" without incident. I wish I could say the same about my piano playing during communion. Played sharps instead of flats for a few measures, then got back on track. We played some Wii Price is Right and then had McDonald's for lunch. Since it was such a nice day, we drove into Grand Rapids and finished off the clothes and shoe shopping. I can say that we found lots of good sales, so we really saved money! Matt got new shoes, Sarah got the shorts for athletic training and a few other needed tops and jeans. Mary got a top, scarf, book and shoes for the dance number in the Miss Danish pageant. She says they are quite comfortable. Sarah bought herself some shoes at Charlotte Rouse. They were quite affordable and got a second pair for $10! I showed my military ID and we got an extra discount! yay!

We skipped eating out for dinner and drove home and cooked some toasted ravioli, garlic bread and salad for dinner. It turned out great! Everyone liked it! After dinner I was trying out some new cleaner in the kitchen, when I sliced my R pinky finger open on the blade of my food processor. I don't think it will need stitches, and Sarah fixed up with a pressure bandage. I will check it in a while and reassess the situation. Matthew cut the grass and vaccuumed. He helped my clean the kitchen too. Both girls did their chores as well. All is well at home!

Talked with Jeff and he is also doing well in SC. Learning his job and still waiting for orders. Although he has had clearance for entering his work building, he didn't get a key badge until Friday . That means people had to come and let him in. Progress might be slow, but it is evident~ He gets home on Friday evening. Today he called after church and said there was a cookout after chapel. Guess he has been to 3 cookouts this week! I say yummmm!

Well, I am going to go check my finger and do something with the kids. I need to go to bed early, as I work from 0500 to 0800 tomorrow.

So Long!

Grace