Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

The first day of school of school was a success. Mary and Matthew made their lunches last night and we up and ready to go by 0700 with a good attitude. I got up and made muffins for them. Mary will be driving to school this year and has a couple other friends to pick up on the way to school. Another year of school has just begun. It will be crazy too. Senior year events, Village Green and Orchestra trips along with all their fundraisers! Don't forget about classes!

Eventhough it was a cool foggy and cloudy morning, I went out golfing with my buddies. My game was not at it's best. Remember my great score of 49 a few weeks ago? Well today I shot a 64! My woods were off and I actually liked my irons (wierd). So as I try to look at the bright side of things:

  • I used my driver several times today (I never use my driver). I hit the ball with the driver as well as my 3 and 4 wood. Thus I will try to use it more often!

  • My irons were good! I really like my 2-4 irons. I got some good distance on them, unfortunately after a few tries.

  • I had some good putts. I putt one in from off the green! This one, wasn't as lucky!

  • We all had a lot of fun and enjoyed a pizza buffet lunch.

Beat the kids home from school. I was anxious to see how there first day went. Mary and Matthew had a good day, told me about their teachers and even came home with fundraiser merchandise~ Chocolate Candy Bars and Entertainment books. For those of you in other states and locations, you can order your book online and Mary will still get credit for the sale and help her earn a trip to Chicago with the GHS Orchestra (We will send out info on how to do that later). The candy will be ongoing for the Village Green trip to Orlando, Florida/Disney World ~April 28- May 2. There are plenty of other fundraisers going on all of the time. I hate it, but I guess it is necessary. I filled out a few forms and then they got their homework done. Oh, and by the way, Mary said the Obama speech was no big deal. She remembers the main message as: Work hard and stay in school, if not you are not just letting yourself down, but your country too. (paraphrased).

Matthew got a haircut and we had toasted ravioli for dinner. Then we made a trip to wal-mart for a few things..The good news is that we bought only what we needed! Hurray!

Well, I guess that sums it up...Tomorrow is Worship committee and I really want to plan for my musical groups as well as for my Sunday School class. Choir starts tomorrow evening as well.

Goodnight from Greenville,

Grace