Monday, September 28, 2009

Rainy Mondays

It is a rainy Monday, a great day to blog, play farmville, finish laundry and catch up on things I didn't do on the weekend. It looks like I might get Mondays off from now on. The regular Monday nurse has worked every other monday since the birth of her baby and is ready to go back to once a week! That means I would work Wednesdays and Fridays. That works out fine for me.

I spent Saturday watching football, preparing for Sunday School, vacuuming and doing laundry including sheets and towels. I was glad that Michigan pulled off another win! Indiana was tough! GO BLUE! Can you guess that I am a Wolverine supporter? Now on to the Florida game...Tebow really got hit hard and now I hear that he was knocked out for a few minutes and that CT scans confirm a concussion. He is lucky he didn't have a worse neck injury. \o/! I was also impressed that Urban Meyer stayed behind in Kentucky to be with Tebow and Family. Glad they are all back in Florida. Hope he recovers quickly! Go GATORS! Certainly was great that he played so well even with the flu and the team was so far ahead when he got injured. I wanted to teach myself how to play Dutch Blitz, but I have still to try to play after reading the directions. Sounds like a good idea for a rainy day, hey? Sarah is still in the lead in our football pick group. Jeff and Mary are only 2 behind and Snow White is following right behind. I did pretty well this week, but didn't do well last week, so I am catching up. Dan did great for his first week. Matt is ahead of me, so that will make him happy.

Sunday was very nice. The weather was sunny and breezy. The service was nice and the choir sang really well. I must admit I was a little worried, but the Holy Spirit ignited us for a good outcome! My Sunday School class was small yesterday, but we had a nice time. I even made homemade playdough for our class. I love small kids, they say it like it is and are pretty darn smart. Jeff and I went out for lunch at Winter Inn. I had a delicious burger and Jeff had teriyaki chicken sandwich. I love the steak fries too! Youth was supposed to meet for frisbee golf, but only a few came out. We waited a while and then decided to try it another time. Jeff and the one youth that came went through the course. While at the course I received a message from Mary that the bus forgot to pick them up at the choir retreat. They would be home 2 hours later than expected.

Bowling came next. I actually bowled pretty well~124, 103 and 140. My average is at an all time high of 120! Our team did well, but still lost all four points. Jeff established his average this week which changed the outcome of our score. The past two weeks they had an average of 120 and his actual average after last night is 153. So we had to subtract 33 pins from each games total. We still had a lot of fun!

The singers were home by 8 pm. We left the van in the parking lot for Mary. They had a really nice time and I guess that choreography went well. We continue with fundraisers for their Florida trip. I am already tired of all that..I hate selling stuff, especially if it isn't worth the price. So this last one we are just donating to the cause. I don't want any of their sausage and won't ask anyone else to buy it either. Tomorrow is a pop can drive. That is usually pretty profitable.

Mary will be tutoring English, starting a Sweet Adelines group at the high school, playing cello for the Messiah at the local community college and was just recently asked to give private lessons to a freshman cellist. Still waiting to hear about the library position.

Sarah called and left a message this morning. It is windy and cold in Holland. The winds remind her of being at grandma's house durning hurricane Charlie! She is thriving at Hope.

Tonight is chime team, kids choir and Senior Mystery Trip meeting. I will be at the musical events and Jeff will go to the Senior Meeting. Tomorrow is PT for me and Matt gets a physical so he can play sports at school. Work on Wednesday and Friday, Quilt on Thursday, I am bringing the main dish. We are back to our joint lunches. Friday Mary is going to visit Brandon and will bring him home for the weekend. I am making chicken crescent dinner for when they get home. I should mention that there is NO SCHOOL on Friday.

Guess that is about it!