Thursday, December 16, 2010

Brrrrr!

It has been very cold here this week. No snow since Monday though.  I ended up cancelling kids choir and chime team.  There is plenty of snow to keep me wearing boots outside.  Not sure what the forecast is (how crazy is that?) and when we will get more snow. Just hope that Sarah makes it home safe tomorrow! Yay!  Hope that I have good weather next week when I go to Ann Arbor to pick up Mary and Brandon.

Attended Matthew's Choir Concert Monday evening and enjoyed it as always.  They announced another SNOW DAY that evening.  Matthew loves to have snow days, but they don't help with keeping up with school work.

Tuesday I attended the Chirstmas service for the circuit pastors their wives and the church secretaries.  It was very nice.  The ladies had a fun little quiz. Match the language with it's Merry Christmas.  I got 15 right out of about 20 I think.   Froehliche Weinachten!  Kurisumasu Omedeto Gozaimasu! Those are two that I will always remember.  Lunch at Winter Inn was very good. Got almost all of my Christmas shopping done, only a few things left to get.  The big job of  the day was reorganizing my music!  I think it took four or five hours!  It is so much better.  I have a nice new black and white box that I have stuff in next to the piano.  Looks nice!

I worked on Wednesday and had a tiring day.  Hailey was so busy getting into everything, but she had time to hug and cuddle with me too! Good for her to be busy, right?  She is a sweetheart!  They have a new large dog, a Mastiff...she is a gentle giant.  I like her so much.  She is good with all of the kids.



Choir rehearsal was short and productive.   I will be directing this Sunday.  Sarah is singing a solo as well. I can't wait. She sings so beautifully.  Was able to hear the last half of the Orchestra/Band concert afterward. It was nice too.  Kind of weird not seeing Mary up there.

This morning I have baked some cupcakes for the quilter's lunch, caught up with email, and talked with Sarah on the phone. That is always a treat!  Hope to wrap gifts this afternoon before a get together down the street and then a orchestra rehearsal.

Work tomorrow.  Then Sarah Home! Better get frosting!

Gracie

No comments: