Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Super Sunday-Monday- Tuesday

Super Sunday started with a great Sunday School lesson about Zechariah, Elizabeth and Mary.  Of course I included my favorite parts of the story "John leaped in the womb" when Mary arrived for her visit.  The class had a chance to leap too...we had a jumping contest, even I participated.  My other favorite part is "His Name is John". The kids made a Christmas Countdown Chain with a word from the story on each link.  That way they can remember the story each day.  Church was very nice and the kids choir did an exceptional job with one of their favorite songs, "Soon and Very Soon"!  Had lunch at church with the Sunday School and then right back to the sanctuary for Sunday School Christmas Rehearsal until almost 1:30 pm.   Downstairs in the fellowship hall there was the Voter's Meeting.



Then we were off to the Cass Street Friends Holiday Party at Greenville Floral.  It was very nice with cookies, punch and the making of wreaths.  Jeff and Matthew worked together and made a very nice wreath. Matthew even learned to make a bow! The store was decorated nicely, had snow flying outside and spent time looking at the antiques in the shop, upstairs and downstairs.  Matthew was especially taken with the pump organ that he played  and the water fall that could go in a garden. When we were leaving around 3pm, we heard that there was a bad accident at the intersection at our house. When we arrived home, sure enough our street was blocked and there were police and an ambulance there.  Looks like one car was speeding and another that failed to yield.  Whatever happened one car was pushed into the street sign which is now bent over. One person was put on a board and taken to the hospital.  I was home long enough to change my clothes, collect my jingle bells and head back to church for the Advent By Candlelight event.  The kids choir sang very nice as was the devotion too.  Then there were treats and gifts for all.

Now you might say enough is enough! But I still had to bowl 3 games, or at least try. No matter how I tried, exhaustion took over and I bowled poorly, not even reaching my average all night.  Miraculously we won a game and lost total only by four pins!  Norma reported to me today that we are still in first place.  Can you say Divine Intervention??? Hahahahahaha.  I understand that the lane conditions were less than acceptable.  I can't tell the difference, but the rest of my team can.  We still had our meal togeher afterwards and then collapsed when I got home.

Monday I spent some time on the computer trying to "win" a Christmas gift on eBay.  I lost.  Jeff and I went for a walk out in the cold air and tried to get me some exercise.  We attended the Lions Dinner at our church Monday evening and enjoyed watching Matthew perform with the Village Green.  Took some nice video that I am in the process of posting on my new YouTube account.  Search Village Green Singers.  Spent more time on the computer afterward trying to figure out how to get the pictures posted.  Stayed up way too late.

This morning I got up and ready for my job interview.   I think it went pretty well and the unit was very nice and the people friendly.  Lots of opportunity for personal growth.   I was there two hours some answering questions and some touring the unit and the hospital. I should hear something next week. Met my buddies for lunch then came home and took a little nap.   Matthew came home from play rehearsal and we headed to Wal-Mart for some shopping.  Cashed in some McDonald's coupons for dinner and then headed back to GHS for the boys Basketball game.  Jackets won!  Now, I have caught up with the Blog and emails, it is time to wind down for the night.  Guess Laundry is going to have to wait a few days.   I work tomorrow,

Thursday I bring a side dish to our Quilter's Lunch and then go to the doctor with Jeff for another opinion about his neck problems.  He is feeling fine, but feel it is better to get another opinion while you feel ok instead of making quick decisions when you are in pain.  Thursday night we have tickets to the GR Symphony  Christmas Pops Concert at Greenville Performing Arts Center at GHS.  It is always a great show, and they usually bring snow!

Have a great day!  Hoping to get more pictures posted very soon!

Gracie

No comments: