Friday, December 31, 2010

Farewell 2010-So Long Tiger!

Well it is the end of another year.  It has certainly been eventful. Mary graduated high school, Matthew lost his appendix, I was relieved from plantar fasciitis, Sarah lived and worked away from home most of the summer and we had several home repairs last summer while Jeff was gone for Air Force Duty and the LCMS National Convention. Matthew and Mary traveled without mom and dad, and most of us were able to visit Florida for a week or so. Time flew by, just as my mother predicted.  She tells me as the kids get older the years go by faster. She is right!

Our trip to Wisconsin was very nice.  We had no problems or long delays travelling.  We arrived in the evening on Monday and had a nice meal together. Watched some TV and played a game of Scrabble. Scrabble is very important activity when we go to Uncle Bill and Aunt Bobbie's.  Tuesday we went bowling with many of the Jeff's cousins and their families.  It was fun and I bowled over 100 each game, but never reached my average.  Better now than after league starts again!  Jeff had a great second game~222! Shopped at a local mall,  headed home for a pizza dinner,  followed by games of Scattergories and Catch Phrase. The movie Elf was on for our enjoyment as well.  The boys played some Wii games too.   Before going to bed, we played some more scrabble and had a magnificent game! There were some really great words.  Wednesday Bobbie made some German pancakes that were very tasty.  It reminded me of french toast.  We went over to the church/school gymnasium and played some basketball and kickball.    We were on the road by three and met Jim and family in Milwaukee to see Miller Park.  It was nice to spend some more time together.  Jeff wanted to stop in Chicago for pizza and took us to Connie's Pizza, a place he used to eat at with his family. It was very good deep dish pizza and the little pizza bones appetizer were good too!

As tired as we were, our new phones were waiting for us!  It was fun to open up and activate them even at one in the morning.  Over the past few days we have been getting our phone numbers from one phone to another.  My old phone was pink, my new one is teal!  Nice to have a change.  I have a mini keyboard so my texting should make more sense, The girls love their new phones and help the rest of us with learning about our phones.

Yesterday I got my Prius back. After a week of diagnosing, there is nothing wrong with my car. While I am glad to know the car is fine, I wonder why I smelled the gas smell so bad.  Will drive it and see how it works over the next few weeks. Mary went shopping with Brandon, Matthew went shopping with me and Sarah was happy she could watch a Lady Dutch basketball game on the computer, especially since they won!  Go Dutch!  We also hosted a youth party/meeting last night.  It went well and we have an event planned for Sunday.  They are going to see the new Narnia movie.

That brings us to today. I had a nice day at work with my little princess. Mary and Brandon went to see the "Rat Pack" New Year's show in Grand Rapids, a gift from us.  It should be coming to a close soon. Hope they had a great time! The rest of us are watching the Red Wings, college football and will see the New Year in together.  I will be making some pizza rolls for a late night snack! Jeff and Sarah have already had a Margarita!  Two hours and counting!



 What will 2011 hold for the Wilhelm's?
Short term:
  1. College Football
  2. Getting ready for church. Mary will play her cello on Sunday and I am playing the clavinova.
  3. Bulkoogi Fest- Making our favorite Korean meal before the kids go back to college.
  4. Hope to visit the Grand Rapids museum and see the Human Body Exhibit.
Long term:
  1. Job Hunt continues. I love my patient and will continue to care for her, but I really want to use more of my skills.  
  2. Jeff will retire from the Air Force after twenty eight years of service. So proud of him!
  3. More excellent concerts at GHS and Unversity of Michigan.  
  4. Losing weight? Let's hope I can do it this year!
Oh and Happy Anniversary to Kathy and Lee and a Happy Birthday to Hannah!

That is it for another year of my Blog.  Next post in 2011, the year of the Rabbit!. 

Gracie

Pictures from the Trip on the Photo Album!

No comments: