Saturday, December 4, 2010

Finally Feeling Better

Praise the Lord~my cold is gone, I am back to work, shopping and keeping up with life's events.
  • Hanging of the Greens was very nice.  I was very proud of the MCLC Orchestra. We played for service, getting music minutes before it started.  This was an informal service and now our sanctuary is beautiful with the tree, lights and banners.
  • I have gotten a lot of shopping done and the rest of my list planned.  Shopping online is fun, lots of things to look at, compare prices, and even get free shipping on some orders!  Execution of the Christmas plan is in progress. Need to stay focused on the real reason for the season!  I am pretty excited!
  • First day back to work was fine. Hailey is happy and smiley!  Got lots of hugs and cuddles. I walked downtown after work and watched the Greenville Christmas Parade. It was cold, but not as bad as last year.  Got some video of the GHS Band, friends, and even some animals, a search dog team and horses. I posted one on facebook.
  • All of us had dinner at El Rancho and then attended the first Girl's Basketball game at GHS.  We lost in the end, but it was a very close game.
  • I woke up with a very bad headache, took medicince and went back to bed until almost noon. Felt better and enjoyed Wii games with Matthew,watching Harry Potter and  college football. There have been some really crazy close and OT games lately.  Glad to see that Washington won tonight. Now I am watching the Oklahoma vs Nebraska game.  For now it is tied, but it can go either way.  Come on Sooners beat those Cornhuskers!
  • We attended a wedding today as well.  It was very nice, I especially like the red color scheme.  
  • Tomorrow is going to be a BUSY Sunday. First, Sunday School (need to plan), Kid's Choir Sings for church and then there is a voter's meeting and Sunday School Program Practice. There is a neighborhood get together at a local florist before I am back at church for the ladies "Advent By Candlelight".  The kids' choir will sing and I am playing for the devotion portion.  Hope I have enough energy for bowling.  We are still ahead by 3 points, so we need to keep bowling well. My Wii bowling has been good, so maybe that will help me tomorrow night.
  • Matthew had a Village Green performance at a bank in the neighboring town of Lowell. All went well and they will be performing for many community events over the next few weeks. They will sing for the Lion's Club, Monday at our church.
  • This week is shaping up for fun too: One Act Play rehearsals start for Matthew. I have a job interview on Tuesday, and work on Wednesday and Friday. Thursday we are going to the GR Symphony Christmas Pops here in Greenville.  Friday Matthew will be going to a lock in with a Greenville Church youth group to one of his favorite places, Craigs Cruisers.  Whew!
Better get planning for Sunday School!

Gracie

No comments: