Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS

We had a very nice Christmas Eve Service after a day and a half of constant activities to get ready. Cookie baking and decorating, laundry, gift wrapping and still having fun together!  I worked four hours Christmas Eve Day and had a nice day and got a lot done! Sarah's friend, Justin spent the day with us and we had a nice  time together.  He is back from Costa Rica, where he is studying abroad.  

Our Service was very nice.  The Chime Team did well and I was pleased with the orchestra too. They played for three of the hymns. It was nice to have Mary playing her cello and Matthew even played his trumpet! Good sermon and some nice videos too!  I was able to sing 2 of 3 verses of Silent Night this year.  I usually  get through one. Memories of my dad come flooding back and I tear up virtually every time.  Then I say to myself, Dad would want you to sing.  Be happy! Jesus is Born!

As per tradition from my family years ago, we had hot dogs for dinner after church with cheese balls and Christmas cookies.  Watched some college football and Christmas movies.  Mary went to church with Brandon and his family at the midnight service.  Now we are all pretty tired and going off to sleep.

I have posted lots of pictures of our activities over the past few days. Enjoy and have a wonderful Christmas!

Gracie and family

No comments: