Monday, December 20, 2010

Time Enough to Breathe

We are in the thick of the homestretch to Christmas. I haven't really been too stressed yet, but that time could be coming.  I have a day by day things to do list I am living by right now.   So far I am on target.  Christmas cards should go out today, and  I am waiting for the rest of my gifts to arrive by mail. Still need to have a gift wrapping marathon and bake cookies with my girls.

Sarah arrived home safely on Friday and is glad to be done with tests, papers, rehab papers and the semester!  Now she can relax and enjoy the season with family!  Matthew is glad to be done with school for a few weeks too.   He was getting pretty grumpy with the homework, but now he has Sarah home and they like playing Wii games together.

Yesterday was a busy but great day at church.  Good Sunday School lesson, Choir sang nicely, good Sermon and Sarah sang "All is Well" just beautifully!  Moved a lot of people to tears of joy, myself included! Jeff and Matthew went sledding at a nearby park in the afternoon.  Another family from church was there, and they had a lot of fun together.  Too bad more people didn't come out and enjoy the snow.  I was tired and stayed home with Sarah. We both ended up taking a needed nap! 

Last night was the last night of bowling...Jeff and I made white chocolate covered pretzels for the potluck party.  We had fun making them and they turned out pretty good.  Our team received the top prize money and a flimsy magnet for the fridge that says league champions!  I bowled over average  on the first game, but not enough to win the prize money.  Then we had a 9 pin no-tap game where I got a 188 scratch game and 279 with handicap!  I almost won the prize money, but one lady ended up with a 296. Oh well still a personal best for me...no-tap's are great!  A 9 pin no-tap records a strike if you hit 9 pins down on your first ball.  Woohoo!  My last game was horrible, but no worries, it didn't count toward anything!  Jeff had a good night too, but like me didn't win any personal prize money.

Finally, Sarah and I will be driving to Ann Arbor this afternoon to pick up Mary and Brandon.  We were going to pick them up tomorrow, but my personal weatherman advised us to get them home today if possible. We are expecting 4 inches of snow tomorrow! So, we will have dinner at the Cottage together, load up and head back to Greenville tonight!   It will be nice to have everyone home.

That means that tomorrow is cookie baking day and make sure the gifts get out day!  Busy Busy Busy!

I do take time enough to breathe!

Gracie

No comments: