Friday, December 19, 2008

Nearing the Zero Hour

We are just about 12 hours away from surgery. I had my last glass of milk with cookies before midnight. I am staying awake as long as possible, so I can sleep later and not get too hungry. The hospital nurse that I talked to today said I could have clear liquids until 11 am, the doctors office called at 5 pm and said nothing after midnight. Just wondering which one I should follow? For now, I guess I won't drink anything.

A big winter storm is moving our way. The forecast calls for ~3 inches overnight and ~6 inches tomorrow. We hope the ride into Grand Rapids won't be too difficult. The kids went to bed wondering if there will be school tomorrow. Some say yes, others no. Sarah will be in charge tomorrow while I am at the hospital. Jeff tells me that another larger storm will be right behind it on Sunday. It looks like Grandma Heumann will get to see lots of snow!

The kids and I got a lot done today. The presents are wrapped and boxed up ready for shipping. The Christmas letters are stuffed in the envelopes and just need addresses and stamps. Something I can do after I get home. The laundry is done and there are enought groceries for meals for the next week or so. We even went to the high school basketball game. It was very exciting, lots of action. Our team lost by 3, after coming from behind by at least 10. Sarah worked with Mr Day. Mary had her last Christmas Village Green performance. Once home, she wrote some essays that are due, just in case there is school.

Besides my surgery tomorrow, Sarah is planning on attending the Wrestling Tournament at the high school tomorrow evening. There is an elder's party too. Guess we will miss that one. Mary has a party on Saturday and Sarah has one on Sunday. Much of these activities will depend on the weather, I suppose.

Well, I am feeling tired. I am going off to bed for awhile. Thanks for your prayers!

Grace