Saturday, December 6, 2008

What Am I Going to Do?

Well, it is going to be the Gators vs. the Sooners for the National Championship! What am I going to do? Who will I root for? I guess I could say I will win either way, but still I need to choose a team.. Everyone knows I am a big Gator fan, but I love Oklahoma and the Sooners, especially the one I am married to! Both are deserving teams.

It has been a very cold week. I don't know if we made it over freezing! We have gotten a total of 10-12 inches this week. The temperatures this week won't even make it to 30, so the snow will be staying all week long and my weatherman tells me that there is another possible 6 inches Tuesday. I'd like to go sledding tomorrow, but we will see how busy and how cold it is before getting out the sled. Matthew marched in the Santa parade last night and couldn't play a note! His trumpet's valves were frozen stiff! He said several of the horn players were freezing their tongues to their mouthpiece on purpose. Evidently, it only lasts a few seconds. Matt didn't participate in that event!

Work was pretty good this week. Hailey has been sick, and I have had to do more nursing than playing and teaching with her. She is doing better tonight. I work again Wed and Friday this week. She is a real cutie and I will miss her while I am off for six weeks recovering from surgery. I will have to visit so she doesn't forget her favorite nurse!

Speaking of my upcoming surgery, I had an appt. with my primary doctor for clearance on Tuesday. When he got into the room, he looked a little confused. He said, "Are you having cataract surgery?" No. That is what was written on the paper in my chart. Hmmm. We got all the information correct and I was cleared for my procedure on the 18th. Labs and EKG were all normal. I see the surgeon this week for my preop visit. Jeff will be going with me to meet her and hear the whole plan too. Two sets of ears are better than one when it comes to doctor visits.

There are so many activities going on. Lots of musical events including choir rehearsals, chime team and orchestra and Mary is perfoming with the Village Green at many events over the next few weeks. She also has a few cello gigs during the holidays. Let's not forget the Sunday School program that is next week. We still have lots of absent kids. I hope we can pull this off without too many problems. The quilters celebrated my friend Norma's birthday last week. We had a nice lunch out and then cake. Happy birthday!


Matthew is really enjoying being part of the stage crew. He is going to work as part of the stage crew for a few evening shows at the high school, including the Grand Rapids Symphony. For now he works for experience, but once he has enough hours and passes an exam, he can get paid for working.

We finally got the Christmas decorations up and the tree trimmed. Matthew did the tree and had a new idea. He has sections of ornaments. A Baby Jesus section, music section, kid's craft ornaments section, and the snowman section to name a few. Maybe I will take pictures and post them in the future.

So what is in store for us this week? Sammy gets groomed on Monday. No more close cuts for him. Just a bath and trim. Chime team has practice. We are playing for our church's Advent by Candlelight the following Sunday. Tuesday is my trip to the doctor in Grand Rapids and then we will attend the GR Symphony Christmas Concert in Greenville. It always snows when they come to town. Wed I work a weird schedule and Thursday I quilt. My buddy Norma will be at her craft show nearby, so we will take her lunch and visit her tables of items. I am calling it a field trip! After quilting, I will take the dog sled to Holland to pick up Sarah from college. Her last final is at noon and she tells me she will be ready for pick up at 4pm. I hope the dogs don't get too tired, because there is orchestra at 7 pm. Whew! I work on Friday and then hope to go to the GHS boys basketball game. Saturday is Sunday School practice, the last one!

I guess I had better get some rest. I play for the choir tomorrow. "Come Emmanuel Come" I played it before and I practiced tonight, so it should go pretty well from my standpoint. So welcome winter! Jeff just reported that it is now 16 degrees~Brrr!

From a torn college football fan,

Grace