Wednesday, December 17, 2008

News!

Although we had 3 new inches of snow, Mary and Matthew had school. They have only 2 days left until vacation, but with the storm approaching, Friday could be a snow day. Time will tell. I told both of them to bring home their instruments on Thursday.


Tonight was the GHS Choir Concert. It was really wonderful. Lots of good singing. I posted some pictures for you. Mary wrote a poem for the director as a gift from the Village Green and read it aloud. She is so talented! She presented him and the accompanist with some home baked cookies too! Sarah was reunited with some of her classmates from last year. She went over to a friends house to catch up and watch movies. I am glad she is having fun. I told her to sleep there if it gets too late. I don't want her driving late at night by herself in the cold and icy weather.

Sarah went to work with me today and babysat the two younger boys. It was nice to have her with me. It was a good day for me too. Hailey is well and very happy. She crawled over to me many times to give me hugs and smiles. That gave me a lot of joy! I will miss her a great deal when I recover and have medical leave for 6 weeks. Today was my last day.

I got a call from the doctors' office this morning. Someone cancelled their surgery and now I will have my surgery on Friday afternoon at 3:30pm. They knew how much it means for me to at least try to get to church on Christmas Eve. I think it was pretty nice of them Hopefully the roads will have been plowed, so that travel to Grand Rapids won't be too bad. We will have to leave earlier than normal, that is for sure. Sure hope they don't cancel surgery for weather! Please say a prayer for me now to stay healthy and on Friday for sucessful surgery and quick recovery. Thanks!
I guess that is all for now. You know I will keep you posted.. Maybe Jeff can post something after surgery so you know how I am doing. I think the patient rooms have internet access.

Good Night!




Grace