Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Summary

Today was a pretty productive day. I got some errands and shopping done before going to my doctor's appointment. I really like my doctor. She explained things very well and assisted me in making the best decisions. Jeff was impressed with her too. I will be spending the night in the hospital and I can bowl at the beginning of February.

The highlight of the day was the Grand Rapids Symphony concert at Greenville High School. Mary's quartet played pre-concert music in the lobby. Lots of good music and the condutor is a great people person too. There were lots of carols and one of my favorites each year, Sleigh Ride! You can hear part of that song on the link above. They also played from the Nutcracker. The audience gave a standing ovation and then they played an encore. It was truly spectacular. They played Manheim Steamroller's Silent Night. It was beautiful. You could have heard a pin drop when the song ended. Then another loud applause. The cello part is so beautiful...I'd love to get it for Mary to play one year. Matthew ran most of the lights tonight at the concert and really loved it. I love to hear the stories he has of what goes on behind the scenes at a concert, while we sit back and listen.

We had rain, sleet, snow and more snow. Jeff said around 3 inches today. The roads are pretty slippery tonight. We wonder if there will be school tomorrow? We will know before 0600. It was a good thing we put up our Christmas lights at Thanksgiving. It is way too cold now. Our house is one of only a few in the neighborhood with lights on their house. It looks so pretty. Mary and Joseph and half way under the snow. Jesus is completely covered again.

That is all. Need to get some rest, since I work tomorrow.

Good Night!
Grace