Saturday, August 23, 2008

Another Busy, Humid Day at HOPE

We had another nice day at Hope College. Matthew and Mary spent the day with kids their own age and had a fun time. They played games, billiards, box lunch and ice cream and swimming. Jeff and I took a trolley ride and saw the town of Holland. Then attended two meetings with teachers with Sarah and a information session about your Hope College Athlete. We did get out to Meijer to get something for Sarah. The day finished up with a huge picnic in the "pine grove" on campus. The events were just about finished when the rain started. It was needed though with the hot humid weather. Tomorrow we will go back one more time for the opening convocation for the school year 2008-09. Sarah's class will march in together. I will cry for sure. Her class has 880 students and the total population is 3300. This picture has Sarah's roommate, Katie in the pink top and her sister, Kelli in the middle.

I have let a lot of other things go that need to get done. I need to write for the newsletter. I play one song for church tomorrow and it needs more practice. My group is fellowship snack day too, Mary and I are going to bake tonight. Luckily my other team member and volunteer are helping with food too. There is a Sunday School meeting Monday after I work for 8 hours. I need to get the really organized quick. Oh, I forgot I have a meeting tomorrow night about rally day. Whew! I am doing too much, but don't know what to let go of. Oh there is always laundry!

Jeff is catching up too. He has a paper to write, service tomorrow and some painting on the front of the house that needs to get finished. One more week of vacation and the school starts after Labor Day. Soccer practice, Parade to march in on Labor Day. High school open house and freshman orientation. Will we make it through? Of course we always do. Just keep plugging along.
Better get to work. Have a nice one!